Anon Body hair

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was just wondering what you guys do about body hair (especially underarms). Waxing is expensive and hurts a lot. Tried epilator but its scary and causes ingrowns and stuff. Heard way too many bad things about Nair and apparently shaving causes thicker, harder hair. Just lost what to do - i want something cheap and less painful.

IPL can work really well especially if you have pale skin and dark hair. It is a substantial upfront cost and you need a few sessions.

Shaving doesn’t cause thicker, harder hair - that is a myth. It gets repeated a lot but it isn’t true. Your hair follicles are within the skin, and they just produce hair the same way for most of your lifespan. They don’t care at all what happens to the hair once it emerges!

The only thing shaving does is give the hair a blunt tip which, depending on your hair type, may give it the fleeting appearance of being slightly darker in the very early stages of regrowth.

Shaving has its disadvantages - regrowth is quick, the stubble can feel a bit prickly. But it is cheap and quick and completely painless, if you’re not yet looking at permanent hair removal solutions.

My one tip would be to get a good razor and change the blade regularly. Cheap razors are not nice, and you are much more likely to cut yourself if you let the blade get blunt.

It's a myth that shaving causes hair to grow back thicker or harder. You can look this up online with reputable websites - even the mayo clinic weighs in! https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/hair-removal/faq-20058427 New growth very short "stubble" can feel "hard" and looks different than longer hair, but in fact it's the same thickness as the old hair. Shaving is quick and easy (once you get the hang of it), painless (unless you use a dull blade or slip) and cheap.

To a degree it’s permanent.

It takes a few weeks to remove the hair so it stops growing and if you continue tibyse it once a fortnight for a few months the hair will stop growing completely.

But you will have to redo it from time to time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back