MAG Boys' states thread!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

profmom

Proud Parent
I know a few of you have already been through this (congratulations on your guys' great outcomes, gymboyzmom and azgymmiemom!), but I think most of us have states coming up this weekend or soon afterward. What are your guys hoping to do? How about your gym? Any guys shooting for regionals/nationals?

My L5 guy is right on the borderline of flairs vs. no flairs on mushroom . . . I think he will play it safe, but who knows? If all of our guys have the best day they're capable of having, they could come home with a team banner, which would delight them and their coach to no end. And my son's team has three guys doing tech sequences, which is really exciting! Too bad they are on Friday night and DS doesn't compete until godawful early Sunday morning, though we might be able to get out there early enough to catch part of the 8-10 JO competition Saturday night.

GOOD LUCK to all of our terrific, hardworking boys! May all of their dreams come true!

I guess ours is late--DS competes on the 24th (Sunday). What is a tech sequence??

Good luck on the flairs--I really get nervous about the mushroom! It seems they kill them on the score if they fall on the mushroom bonus.

DS hasn't really said anything, except that he is planning to do a layout flyaway. We will see if this truly happens--he was landing the normal tuck one just fine until he fell at one meet and has overrotated ever since--apparently if he lays it out he doesn't overrotate (I haven't seen it). We'll see--I would almost rather he just not do it and make a clean routine.

We are planning to go to regionals, which will be a much bigger meet. We live in a small state so we just don't have that many boys, period.

Best of luck to all the boys--here's to staying on the mushroom and sticking landings!!

D competes Saturday morning, early. Don't think he is adding anythign new to his routines....he is working some stuff, but it isn't competition ready yet. Maybe a layout on rings instead of tuck but I think that would be the only new thing. . We are hoping for regionals!!

J competes next Sunday bright and early! So as he's counting- only 4 more practices. He maxed out his bonuses last week when he finally did his flairs and his first muscle up alone. Our 7-10 fives can qualify to regionals with a 54 but it doesn't sound like our gym is planning in going because most of our boys would be at the lowest end of qualifying and it's a lot of time and money to pay to do routines one more time. But J has been above 60 consistently and has some great events so I really would like to see how he could do if he qualified. We'll have to wait and see how he does at state. Good job & good luck to everyone!

We are here and ready to go. Should be fun

Sent from my SPH-M950 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DS competes Sunday morning. I'm getting excited for his competitions to be done. Then his sisters only have 2 more and we are done until August! (The girls are swapping from spring competitions to fall.)

Good luck to all your guys!!! I hope all your goals are accomplished!! My ds is already pushing hard for regionals, and my dd has a meet tomorrow, and then states next week. I can see the end of season from here....(please come! please come!!! lol)

Well, we attended our state meet via texting!! Very frustrating since DS is out injured! I think I am having the worst time!!LOL
our boys all did great! All our L5 qualified for regionals and L6s too....now the L7 are going....good luck to all the kids...they really work hard.
congrats to your son!

Phew. We are done. D did not have a good meet but did qualify for regionals. He placed 8th on floor, 2nd on Pommel,14 th on high bar and 10 th aa. He was they only one on his team to qualify though s so a little bittersweet

Phew. We are done. D did not have a good meet but did qualify for regionals. He placed 8th on floor, 2nd on Pommel,14 th on high bar and 10 th aa. He was they only one on his team to qualify though s so a little bittersweet

I heard it was really tough scoring today! We had to leave this morning (a whole other dramatic story I won't go into) so ds didn't get to go even hang with his team. Congrats to D for qualifying for regionals. Did it seem the scoring was WAY harder than any other meet this season, or did the kids on our team just have a tough day?

trapar- it was a little of both. D had his 2nd lowest all around of the season, lowest floor score(but we expect that with that judge). IT did seem a bit harsher for almost everyone...if you get my drift!

Sorry you missed it! I was looking for you guys and couldn't find you...guess I know why!

I posted a more detailed update in my post about DS getting hurt and me thinking he might miss states. Short story... he did compete today. The coach taped his ankle up and DS played things cautiously. Definitely not his best meet. he did get 5th on floor and 6th on pommel and 7th all around. he did just about none of the bonuses (did them on pommel and the press handstand instead of headstand on floor; but I think that was it). I felt bad that he didn't realize that considering his bum ankle he did AMAZING. Found out when we got home that he also had a fever of 101 (had ruffled his hair after the meet and thought his forehead seemed hot). So, for a fever AND a bum ankle... I think he did fabulous!!

I posted a more detailed update in my post about DS getting hurt and me thinking he might miss states. Short story... he did compete today. The coach taped his ankle up and DS played things cautiously. Definitely not his best meet. he did get 5th on floor and 6th on pommel and 7th all around. he did just about none of the bonuses (did them on pommel and the press handstand instead of headstand on floor; but I think that was it). I felt bad that he didn't realize that considering his bum ankle he did AMAZING. Found out when we got home that he also had a fever of 101 (had ruffled his hair after the meet and thought his forehead seemed hot). So, for a fever AND a bum ankle... I think he did fabulous!!

FABULOUS! I think he has a lot to be proud of. 7th AA is nothing to sneeze at:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back