Parents Brag Alert

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Midget's Dad

So proud of my midget. Monday she was doing the L4 dismount on beam and she did not get far enough away and her hip slammed into the beam giving her a really nasty bruise.

Today she was very scared of the dismount, but she kept insisting she would get it herself without any help and did many times some of them quite beautifully, but still she was struggling with the fear.

As we left I talked to her about it just to reassure her that fear is ok and she would work through it and I was a bit amazed that she stopped me and said, "I know Daddy, I can't let my fear rule me."

Such wisdom from a 7 year old!!

So proud. :D

Good job, Midget! My DD is working on the L4 dismount too and has had some kinda scary landings, too. She gets it sometimes, and she is scared of it sometimes, too...especially right after she falls!:p

Midget sounds like she is very very determined! She's going to have a great year!

She's got a good head on her shoulders! That's the best thing to do, get right back up and do it again before the fear takes over. Good for her! :)

It is such a huge thing when they work through those fears. I know DDs coach always makes them get right back up (as soon as they aren't hurting) and do the same skill, etc, in hopes they don't get all freaked about it. My DD got a huge bruise on her shin after falling during her cartwheel on beam. She said that after she sat out for awhile and iced it, she got back up there and did some more. Such brave girls!!! If I ever split the beam or anything, I would be DONE! LOL.

Her determination impresses me constantly but just the way she said that really blew me away.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back