buckle grips?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

carolynstenderowic

My daughter's coach suggested we get buckle grips to replace her velcro grips because the velcro was coming undone while on bars. We did and now she doesn't like to wear them because they slip on her wrists. She wears them with the neoprene wrist bands. Any suggestions?? :cool:

i have buckle grips and they do slip a little sometimes.. can she get them buckled a little tighter? that usually solves the problem for me but sometimes i can't fit them into the next hole so i just have to deal with it :D she could try regular wristbands instead of neoprene..that's what i used and i've never tried neoprene ones so i'm not sure if that will help but it's worth a shot :)

I would try wearing a regular wristband over her neoprene wristbands and buckling them a little tighter. If she can't get used to them than she could put a rubberband or hair tie around her velcro grips to keep them on. HTH! :)

I had the same problem.. we had a guest coach to our gym, he recommended we use the neoprene wristbands with long regular wristbands over it. Tighten the grips so they feel snug around the wrists.

My daughter had the same problem. She uses plain wristbands and it was recommended by another gymnast to wet and dip with chalk so that when the grips were on they wouldnt slide. Now my daughter's only problem is being able to remove and put on without help. she's getting the hang of it though :)

Is she using a double buckle or single buckle. Our coaches recommend double buckles. My dd loves it and has never complained about slipping. The regular wristbands are also an option.

Double buckle with the large wristbands here. HC likes buckle for a few reasons but mainly because of the constant doing / undoing sound the velcro makes. I think it's a chalk board and finger nails kind of thing for him.

Alex has the double buckle grips with long regular wristbands and she loves them. Some girls have the single buckle and they complain about the slipping much more than Alex. Also some girls have the velcro and you can see them readjusting them constantly.

I use velcro grips too!! Try getting a new pair an use rubber bands to hold down the actual velcro, thats what i do. At the end of the day its what the gymnast feels most comfortable in!!

My DD has the double buckle grips with the longer wrist bands. She loves them. She use to have the velcro but she hated that they would loosen up or come undone.

If there is not another smaller hole that she can buckle could you maybe punch another hole in? i think that would work good and get some new thinker wrist bands :)

Ok i don't have much experience with grips as i only just got them and they haven't been used yet :p but what i have seen is people putting elastic bands around their velcro grips to hold them in place. I have also heard tape works. As for buckle grips i have no idea as all my squad has velcro :)

This is an old thread but for anyone still interested in this topic, I punched an additional hole in the last pair of grips I got. I was a teenager and I don't think my wrists are excessively small, so it's possible even on the smallest setting they may not be tight enough. Officially you shouldn't punch any extra holes in, but eh. Be careful how you do it.

Edit you can wrap tape around the buckled part or wear another pair of wristbands, etc but I didn't like that. I like them to be able to slide/move a little and just wouldn't like two pairs of wristbands.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back