WAG Burning Sensation in Muscles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not looking for medical advice just wondering if anyone has ever had the same thing. Basically I'm an ex gymnast of 2 years and recently attempted a back handpring on trampoline and got a horrific burning sensation in my stomach muscles.
I remember this used happpen every so often while training too particularly during handspring front somi.
Anyone have any clue the reason behind this?

My stomach feels that way if I do a bridge after not having done one in awhile. I try to avoid bridges and stick with backbends instead at this point because bridges make my hips go out of place(my chiropractor just loves that! Not). Backbends do not put as much strain on my back. I'm not sure what causes the burning sensation either though, maybe the muscles getting stretched out after a while of not being stretched? I'd love to hear what someone who is actually educated in that type of thing has to say.

My stomach feels that way if I do a bridge after not having done one in awhile. I try to avoid bridges and stick with backbends instead at this point because bridges make my hips go out of place(my chiropractor just loves that! Not). Backbends do not put as much strain on my back. I'm not sure what causes the burning sensation either though, maybe the muscles getting stretched out after a while of not being stretched? I'd love to hear what someone who is actually educated in that type of thing has to say.
Yeah I thought that maybe but it wouldn't make much sense for it to be happening while I was training properly then. I'm not sure I'd be interested to hear too though

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back