WAG Camp Newbie

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My youngest is off to Karolyi's Camp in a month! She's only 8 so I was wondering what other moms sent to help with homesickness? Her big sis will be with her but I'd love some ideas so I could send her off with something special! Even ideas for the repeat camper would be appreciated!

A phone to call home and her favorite sleep lovey. My DD had a pretty rough go with homesickness the first few trips without us, but she is now a seasoned traveller and does pretty well. We did realize that we need to help her get over her fear of thunderstorms because it storms ALOT in TX. She called home scared to death to sleep at the ranch this week due to major thunderstorm:( The best cure for homesickness is is to get a few trips under their belt...Good luck to your dd on her trip!

I'll definitely pack her sleep toy and load it up with hugs and kisses! Last year my oldest DD couldn't use her phone because the service is so bad there! She had to use a friend's cell and stand at the top of the teeter totter to call home! LOL! Little one hasn't stayed overnight away from me very much but we'll have some sleepovers with Grandmom before the big one. I'm going to have to talk to my girls about thunderstorms too! I never even thought about that one! Thanks for your reply! Hope you DD loved camp! Has she driven you crazy with all of the little songs yet?! 10 hour drive home last year with 4 campers all singing about a moose...I was ready to give everyone Benadryl!! Ha!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back