MAG Camps...again

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Our booster club is looking at other camps to send our gymnasts to this year. We have sent them to FlipFest for 3 years, but there is a push to do a different camp this year, more of a college camp. I have looked up a lot of them, and can find info on dates, times, etc, but was wondering if anyone had any experience at a camp that was great, not so great, etc.

Thanks!

My DS LOVED the University of Illinois camp. There were kids from all over there. It was fantastic for gymnastics--not necessarily all the extras of a fancy camp but lots and lots of good gym. Justin Spring did an amazing job and was super hands on.

I love kentuckys camp... I went with one other teammate and we were in different groups but I made a lot of friends really easily and the coaches and collage gymnast are really nice

My son did a camp in western mass at Holyoke college and I cannot say enough about it. The camp had great coaches as well as a great training facility and was reasonably priced.

We are thinking of Stanford camp this year. One of our team kids, a 6 year old, won a week of Flip Fest in a raffle at the last meet. Is it appropriate for a very stubborn, very moody, yet talented little boy?

Our boys have always had a lot of fun at FlipFest, but the coach would really like them at a more gymnastics oriented camp. Not that FlipFest isn't, but he likes college camps better. And with booster paying, we can look around a bit.

Our booster club is looking at other camps to send our gymnasts to this year. We have sent them to FlipFest for 3 years, but there is a push to do a different camp this year, more of a college camp. I have looked up a lot of them, and can find info on dates, times, etc, but was wondering if anyone had any experience at a camp that was great, not so great, etc.

Thanks!
Does your booster club pay for them to go to camp?? Ours would never consider that, but I think it's cool!

Yes. Most years our booster club pays for camp, if we have the money. It is a year by year decision, based on funds.

I don't think our booster makes enough money for that. :(
We're sending one of our kids to camp on our own dime.

He'll be seven by then. They take ages 7-17. This kid is a hellion. I suspect that they will think twice about offering raffle prizes after this kid goes to their camp. (He's also a very talented, extremely energetic gymnast)

I heard the University of Michigan camp is great. I tried to sign my son up for it last year but it was already filled up. You need to sign up early. I heard that they are going to try to increase the numbers they can accept to the camp this year - potentially running two camps.

We just watched the Michigan team last night at the NCAA competition, and they won. They were really incredible, and I think my favorite team ATM. I would love to send my kid to a camp at Michigan State.

At Michigan Academy of Gymnastics the boys have a special love for UofM. One of our own, Matt , but all of the team treat us like family. Sam is a true Olympic hero and always has time for a photo or autograph. That said, I think it is important for a gymnastic club to support their local NCAA team.

You might consider a destonation trip. Planning a summer visit to family in TX. We were surprised to find that WOGA is nearby. Sending my son to WOGA Skills camp is a good way to mix training and a fun family vacation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back