WAG Can I do college gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Gymtastics45

Banned
Gymnast
I am 12 years old and I am in level 6 i started gymnastics when I was 10 years old really want to do college gymnastics but because of my age I am not so sure do you think I have a chance?

If you move up each level every year, you would be on track to be a level 10 when you are 16-17, which can potentially lead to college, but it would be less likely, but not impossible to do DI or get scholarships.

If you are looking for opportunities to get scholarships, you can also look into A&T or Stunt (from my knowledge, it is similar to cheerleading, but you get to pick which events you want to do, many gymnasts around your level now get scholarships to A&T, one of my current coaches is in A&T)

If you are looking into staying with gymnastics in college, but not on an NCAA team, you can check out NAIGC/club gymnastics (a lot more schools offer it with many more levels and skill variety, this is what I am planning on doing once I get to college. )

Honestly, the short answer is it would be almost impossible for you to get on a D1 college team. However, you could get on a college club team, continue to train in college and have a great time doing it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back