Gymnasts cartwheel on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

helloooo I'm an Xcel gold gymnast, I started at 12 and I'm 13 now, I'm having lots of trouble with my cartwheel on beam right now I can land it on the Lazer beam and on a straight line. my coach says my form is good but I cant land it on low beam or high beam without mats.. I can get around well but I cant get my body straight I either over twist or don't twist my body enough to land it properly, I need it for this upcoming competition because I haven't competed this year yet because of an ankle injury but its all healed now please help meee!!!

My daughter had big challenges her whole gold year with her cartwheel...only landed it in three comps out of 7. But over that next summer it clicked, and now she can do it easily. The next year it was her Roundoff....in her Platinum season, she nailed her cartwheel (part of her dismount series) every single meet but fell on her round-off every meet until she nailed it the last two meets, coming in second on beam at State. I think there will always be that skill that wants to elude you every season....just attack it and know you WILLL get it with time!

Are you looking underneath your armpit, when you are upside down, to see the beam where your feet will land? Are you looking at the beam at the end of your cartwheel?

Are you looking underneath your armpit, when you are upside down, to see the beam where your feet will land? Are you looking at the beam at the end of your cartwheel?
I'll try this when I go back to gym tmrw! I made a few handstand on low beam and one on high beam with mats yesterday

Reactions: rd7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back