WAG Coach went from mean to nice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Gymnast-E

Coach
Gymnast
Reaction score
Hi, sorry its long
So our gym had this one girl last year she always caused problems but near the end of last year she had a back injury (P) so we thought she would change, the first month of september was amazing our coach paid so much attention would video us to show us what was wrong, nicely tell us our corrections, for reference I am a 14 year old level 8. As of September our whole group was happy was getting along, no crying no fights but yesterday during practice the girl with the back injury came back, I know because that she had a back injury that maybe she needs more help but that doesn't mean for our coach to scream at us, we went on vault, our board was too stiff and she wouldn't let us change it three of us hurt our ankle because she didn't care, we went to beam, I needed help with my dance, she was helping me I was like ok, I can do that I went on the beam to show her, she simply didn't watch because (P) kept talking to her , I did it with all my skills, as soon as I got down she told me to go again because she missed it, I probably did 20-30 routines with all skills and she didn't watch, then she screamed at me, i started crying because my ankle was hurting, I had always had a bad ankle she knows that she just decided to ignore it she mad me go again with skills, while crying and I slipped on my first BH and didn't make the second and she didn't even care she just yelled at me. We were supposed to go on break but (P) said she wasn't hungry the rest of us were. We went on floor our whole group talked and said how on Friday it was so nice Coach was nice happy encouraging after floor (P) left and coach was still being mean.
Any Advice?
I am going to see if I can talk to her but idk.

I’ve never dealt with anything like this. It’s usually the opposite where coach is mean to one kid or all the kids but also all the time. The biggest red flags for me were skipping your breaks and the ankle injuries. I am also around your age, and my body needs food to do gymnastics. I’m sure many girls our age do. The break is not an option. Ignoring your injury and others as well is also ‘malpractice’. I think the best way to first approach coach would be about how you guys need a snack break.

For the meanness, I’m not sure what to do. I personally haven’t dealt with that scenario, but I’m sure others have.

First advise: talk to your parents about this, and keep them up to date on how things are. They know more about your situation and how to help. It's possible the coach just had 1 bad day, but if this continues it can be a huge problem.

Second advise: this may be a bit mean, but I think it could help you a bit to learn how to communicate clearly. Your post is hard to read, with very little punctuation. Sitting down for a moment and putting down your thoughts bit by bit can help make it clearer. It's also possible to do this before a talk (I don't know how good your verbal communication is). This can help make your parents understand you better, or if you need to talk to your coach eventually it can help make your point better to her.

First advise: talk to your parents about this, and keep them up to date on how things are. They know more about your situation and how to help. It's possible the coach just had 1 bad day, but if this continues it can be a huge problem.

Second advise: this may be a bit mean, but I think it could help you a bit to learn how to communicate clearly. Your post is hard to read, with very little punctuation. Sitting down for a moment and putting down your thoughts bit by bit can help make it clearer. It's also possible to do this before a talk (I don't know how good your verbal communication is). This can help make your parents understand you better, or if you need to talk to your coach eventually it can help make your point better to her.
French school lol and thanks

French school lol and thanks
If you are French then my point about communication may be completely wrong. You're doing a good job for communicating in a language that isn't your native language. (I figured since you said "level 8" that you were from the US or Canada, as I didn't know France had a level system like that. I'm from Europe too and we don't have the level system in my country.)

If you are French then my point about communication may be completely wrong. You're doing a good job for communicating in a language that isn't your native language. (I figured since you said "level 8" that you were from the US or Canada, as I didn't know France had a level system like that. I'm from Europe too and we don't have the level system in my country.)
No I go to all french school in Us I was born in France

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back