Parents Coach's Session Fees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

70 a session plus meals miles hotel isn't bad, but if I am working one session on a day that I usually work at the gym we get paid what we would of made at the gym. Its only fair. In my opinion the gym should pay that, but that is up to the owner.

I agree that the gym should pay, but that is going to get passed down to parents in the form of increased tuition.

So this weekend our coach got:
$198 for meals
$60 for sessions
$136 for mileage

Personally, I had to pay $119 for his fees, $100 for the meet, $90 for hotel, $30 fro entry for family to the meet, $60 for food and $40 for gas. This was for one meet. $440 rounded up. It gets high. In addition, he did fun stuff in between sessions and got to spend a day hiking and exploring. I know it is an expensive sport, but we are trying to figure out how to make it more equitable and affordable for all.

We are talking about increasing the session fee, but I guess we are lucky in that our coaches are not hte ones pushing for it. Parents are trying to figure out a way to make it work.

I agree that the gym should pay, but that is going to get passed down to parents in the form of increased tuition.

So this weekend our coach got:
$198 for meals
$60 for sessions
$136 for mileage

Personally, I had to pay $119 for his fees, $100 for the meet, $90 for hotel, $30 fro entry for family to the meet, $60 for food and $40 for gas. This was for one meet. $440 rounded up. It gets high. In addition, he did fun stuff in between sessions and got to spend a day hiking and exploring. I know it is an expensive sport, but we are trying to figure out how to make it more equitable and affordable for all.

We are talking about increasing the session fee, but I guess we are lucky in that our coaches are not hte ones pushing for it. Parents are trying to figure out a way to make it work.
=== And whats wrong with paying an increased tuition if it saves you money. If everyone pays the same increase it will benefit the level 9's and 10's parents (because they go to more meets and travel),,,, it's a well earned perk. If your booster club runs on the same philosophy then everyone pays the same and the upper level families get a break.

We have a booster club.
This said, I know everything is taken out and divided. I love our treasurer and know it's fair. I see how much is deducted from our $$ front load every meet, but it isn't broken down unless I cared to ask for it. I dont, because I know it is an honest and fair system. I love that we frontload, and have had a credit at the end of the season 2 years in a row, woo hoo.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back