competition is in 2 days :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

alright so my competition season starts in 2 days with my first one been a gala - team event comp
on tuesday night i was doing one of the most simplist skill - a full turn on one leg on beam and something happened i dont know what and i manage to hurt my ankle pretty badly and was screaming in pain and it was just horrible but embarrasing at the same time... anyway so we went offf to the emergency place at the hospital and waited 5 hours! it was so busy and people were coming in with head injuries and more so i was getting bumped down the list.. finally at 11:15 at night i had an x-ray and told me it wasnt broken but could be fracturedd or a high ankle sprain.. have an mri tommorow
so i think i am out for this comp and it is a team comp so my team wasnt going to be able to compete as my friend who also hurt herself that night (popped a rib and was touching her spine) cant compete so i dont know what to do??

should i try and put up the pain for my team - id love to do this but i cant put any weight on it at all - and risk having th whole comp season gone or wait and rest it for next comp in 3 weeks?

please help
i was so looking foward to this comp :(

Rest it!! As much as you may not want to sit out for a couple of weeks, it will be even worse if you go and try to compete on it, and have to be out for a few months! Though it is your first competition this season, there will be others, and missing one competition versus the whole season is a small price to pay for an injury! Good luck, and take it easy!!

nicci just stole the words out of my mouth! Rest it! I'm telling you it is better to miss this one meet rather than the whole season. Your teammates will understand, trust me!

Rest it! I tried pulling a "I'm-okay-let-me-compete-it's-just-a-little-sore" once, my coaches took one look and sent me to the hospital and then home!

Hey, so sorry about your ankle, everyone has said what i had to say so i just wanted to say good luck with a quick recovery!!

the comp was today - last night i was seriously thinking about doing bars but my dismount is high impact so i didnt compete
i still went and supported my team and they did very well :)
i didnt know it was so hard to just watch and not compete!!!
ive been going to training sessions and just sitting there and walking around on my crutches because i hate being away from the gym :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back