Competition leotard fit?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our team leotards came in today! We ordered them from GK, which I am glad because I love them, but mine fits a little weird. The torso fits ok, arm length is ok, but the arms are really baggy.

I got an AL because that's what I wear in my workout leos from gk (I have about 5 from there). I always feel like the AL fits me snugly in the torso, so I thought that would work for a long sleeved competition leo too, but now I'm wondering if I got the wrong size.... On the gk size chart I am in an AM for sleek fit (competition fit), but I'm on the higher end, so that's why I ordered up.

My coach said that to order a different size it would take 3 months! I don't want to wait that long, so I'm wondering if it's ok to have a leo that doesn't fit quite right. Can judges take points off for that?

I don't think they can, but get a seamstress to fix the arms. And if you don'y have an upcoming competition, you could re order one.

A Tailor is your best friend it really doesn't cost alot to have it done (probably under $20) and they can get it done in a day or two depending on the work load they have. Don't go to the dry cleaners ones look in the yellow pages for "tailor" and find someone that does that for a living.

If all the other parts fit right then you just have skinny arms. I've seen alot of girls at meets with the skinny arms - I don't think they take off for that.

Don't try to re oreder or send back. GK has had delivery issues all year and you will get stuck waiting.

The seamstress is definitely the answer.

Hopefully you can get your leotards from another source next time. 3 months to wait is ridiculous. My team just got ours from Gym Digs and it only took 3 weeks for a team of 54 girls (and a few boys too). You can see their competition leotards online.

I hope this helps!

I agree with the tailor suggestions, and I also agree with GK's shipping issues. DD loves GK but the company has always had one issue or another- both for team leos and for individual orders of those Oh so necessary eggplant bar shorts or purple neoprene wrist bands. I am trying to encourage dd to find another favorite leo company, but it isn't working- only GK supplies Adidas....

My dd's sleeves were baggy on her GK comp. leo as well although otherwise it fits fine. I did nothing with it b/c it's not too bad and I thought if she grew some I didn't want them to be too tight. We use our comp. leo's for a few years though so I guess it would depend.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back