WAG Conditioning at home in the summer

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymlover

Gymnast
Does anybody have any conditioning they do at home in the summer. Also any at home drills, cardio, event practice, jumps, or stretching? I have a floor beam and a trampoline I can use too!

Last edited by a moderator:
My ds does some. He will do core and sstretching at home. Usually the routine they do in gym for both. He will also sometimes go for a run. Handstands, splits, pushups, squats are all good things to do!

Depends on the day. If he has been to workout, he may do 3 sets of 10 of everything he does. He has a whole conditioning list on the fridge at home. Other days, he may do more. He is only 11 so it also depends on his attention span.

I would say anything you can do for improving flexibility, strengthening your core and upper body would be beneficial. You don't want to over do it though!

His coach does give him a conditioning list to do while out. I probably have one i could send you. Let me see if I can dig one up!

Foudn one:
Strongly Recommended Daily Conditioning

-Future Stars Flexibility routines: 2
-Handstands Facing a Wall: I would like 5 for 1min. each if possible. A good challenge would be to see if he could hold it for 5min. strait.
-L-Sit: 3 for 10sec.
-Straddle Sit: 3 for 10sec.
-Hollow hold: 3 for 10sec.
-Arch hold: 3 for 10sec.
-Straddle Plange: 5 for 3sec.
-V-Sit: 5 for 3sec.
-Mana attempts: 5
-Have fun on vacation: The whole time

Optional Stuff

-Handstand Pushups
-Timed walking on hands trying to break record
-Plange pushups
-Jumping and Sprinting
-Finger tip pushups
-V-ups

Some of the stuff I do:
*Jumping jacks (to get my heart pumping)
*Pushups
*Crunches/side crunches
*Popups
*Lunges w/10 lb weight in each hand
*Squats

*Splits while watching TV
*Butterfly sits
*Calf stretches
*Backbends

Are you currently training this summer? Sounds like you are a canadian L7. If you are training and if you are training enough, you probably don't need to be doing much at home unless your gym is not training a lot or doing enough conditioning.

Cardio? Get a jump rope or go run or swim.

Pullups, Leg lifts, pushups/dips, leg work such as lunges, squats, single leg squats or stepups.

I like using Prilepsin's chart of reps, 25-50 between 5-10 sets. If something is easy, make it harder by doing a harder kind of skill progression.

3-5 minutes of HS on the wall for beginners to intermediates. 15-25 attempts at a Handstand from a lunge, 10-15 press HS attempts.

With a floor beam, HS and cartwheels besides any jump series or turns. Just whatever till you feel you want to move on. Ideally at least 10 to maybe 25 at most.

Thanks yes I am aiming for level 7 this year but i was level 5 this year and I train 18 hours a week. In the summer tho we have 2 weeks off in a row and I don't want to loose my skills I'm learning! Who's conditioning we're u talking about?
Someone named prillespin?

Yes, my girls condition on their off days. One of my girls has 4 days off in a row, so she does it more than the other one. Sometimes it is just 10 minutes of stretching (after several days of gym in a row), other times (during breaks) it is 30 minutes of conditioning, stretching, a short run, etc. They helped put it all together and they know it will help them in the gym. We put together a jar of choices. They came up with the choices, they pull from there to keep it mixed up a bit. Examples included - 1 minute plank hold, 25 v-ups, 30 push ups, 15 pull ups, run 1 mile, etc. Most of it is stuff they do in the gym.

I was talking about your conditioning, Gymlover. Prilepsin was a Russian research scientist who did a bunch of exercise research in the Soviet system YEARS ago.

Some coaches do, but I'd say most don't.

I'm of the opinion of no breaks.

2 weeks off is not a lot to really worry about all in all, so long as you are active. Just do what you can during those 2 weeks.

My dd just got her sheet.

Thera bands 20 kicks each leg
20 pull downs
20 open arms
20 bicep curls
20 side lunge each leg
20 needle

Skipping 10 min.
50 push ups
50 v snaps
50 squats
50 lunge each leg
50 jump lunge
1 min. X 3 circuits hollow hold all ways
50 rockers all ways

Stretching 3 min. Each leg splits
Short bridge and long bridge 5 X 30 sec.
Pike hold 3 min.

This seems like a lot to me. She is supposed to do it 5 times a week.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back