Coaches Conditioning with an injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a 7 year old in my rec class who is going to be moved up to preteam at the end of the competitive season. She broke her foot playing soccer over the weekend but still wants to come to class to watch and condition because she loves it! I am making up a conditioning list for her and have the basics on there (variety of sit ups and crunches, push ups, hollow and superman rockers/holds, tricep dips, chin ups on bars, etc) but am looking for more creative ideas so she has variety...any ideas?

I have pre-printed sheets ready for these instances for our team girls. The tittle "Valuable Injury Practice - limited weight bearing foot injury" is the one I would pull out for a team girl with similar injury. If you do not have such references available to you, you may wish to propose to HC or management that some be created starting with your circumstance.

Hmmm…adding to dunno's suggestions - Therma band work, safe HS work, UB shapes (jump-up shapes -leaning against solid surface, candlestick holds on back holding UB supports, casting off blocks, pre-kips shapes/drills) .

Additionally, how about involving her in the rotations when she needs a break from her assignments by having her be the videographer by using Coaches Eye (on a I-Pad or like device)? This involves her in the details of her sport.

Best, SBG -

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back