Coaches Conditioning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

FormFreak

I need to switch up my routine and add some new conditioning to my classes. I've been doing the same old original conditioning in every class and I'm sure my kids are getting tired of it. We don't have a whole lot of equiptment to use so I try to get creative but I have been having a lot of mental blocks lately. Do any of you guys know of any websites, youtube videos of some creative conditioning for kids to do (around the ages of 5-8).

I'm looking for shoulder exercies, leg strengthening, ab training, etc.

Thanks!

We have just put up a sticker chart with different conditioning exercises. There are 12 different exercises they do and earn a silver, red or blue sticker for their efforts. For example: L-Hold on stall bars 10 sceonds= silver, 20 seconds= red, 30 seconds = blue. They have really been trying to get those stickers. I can send you the exercises if you like. Just send me a message and I will email them to you.

I have my gymnasts do circuits. However many of them there are in the group determines how many exercises are in the circuit. They have to do 20 of each exercise, and do the circuit 5 times in total. There are usually some 'easy' exercises thrown in and some 'fun' ones such as Frisbee walks (feet in frisbee, hands on floor, walk forwards and drag feet behind). We also do specific exercises on each apparatus.
Also to mix it up a bit I like to do conditioning games such as which team can do the most... (stuck punch fronts, stuck tuck backs, or for the babies, stuck straight jumps off a box top etc etc)
For my 5-6 yr olds I do a 'tick chart' when a gymnast has all the exercises ticked they get a small prize. The exercises include 15 squat thrusts, dish for 20 seconds, arch for 20 seconds - very easy but has to be done properly.

helpful youtube vid:
YouTube - European Union of Gymnastics Camp - Tirrena - July 2010 | Physical Preperation Part 3

and Mary Lee Tracy's youtube channel always has good vids
YouTube - usamlt's Channel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back