Parents Confidence shattered

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm so sorry. But, you know- at least there is a very good reason for why it was a disaster and it shouldn't all fall on her shoulders. I'm sure that doesn't help her much in dealing with the disappointment today, but in the big picture it doesn't reflect on her ability or future performance at all. Sending big virtual hugs to you and her today! :)

It was a bit of a disaster - no medals and a disappointed daughter. But to me she was a superstar.

Im sure it wasn't a disaster at all, your dd did well to even compete today given the fact that they made changes at the last minute and the confussion over things and the fact that she hasn't been in her group for very long. Everyone that competes wants to come home with a medal and that is not always possible in the uk system where medals are given out to top 3.

To me that fact that your dd overcame everything that was thrown at her and still got up there and competed was amazing, I am sure that your dd will use this as a learning curve and there will be many medals in her future.

Well done to you and your dd, hopefully she will get passed her initial disappiontment quickly and will be proud of what she has achieved today, I feel proud of her after our chats and following your story.

I think it's incredible that she was brave enough to try! She'll be able to polish her routine up now and I'm sure next time will feel better about it.

She's not too upset now and even manage to joke about it.
I hadn't realised how different her routines were - her coach said she learnt her "baby giant" in one session. Her bar routine was ok, just a bit sloppy. The floor was lovely but she hasn't built in Ro flick and bottled the back walkover. Her vault - she just seemed terrified, slow run up & had to be pushed over, catching her bum on the vault, if only she could've done a handstand flat back!
She came off the beam twice but she started on the beam and was first one up, so heaps of pressure!
But yes, for her to get through it, was a huge achievement. She's already planning "the next competition" - I don't think my nerves will take it.

Her coaches saw her crying as we left the gym:(. They were supportive and told her how well she's done but I wish she could've held on until we got to the car.
When we looked at the website to check scores and they weren't on, she did joke "maybe they've broken the zero key putting my scores in".

Aw, I'm sorry! It sounds like it was a lot of pressure before you even got to the meet. Hopefully the next one will be better. Good for her for getting out there and going for it anyway.

I think she did amazing to go up there and do it. We had a competition last week where the vault was longer than most clubs were used to and there were lots of girls had to be helped over.
DD's coach realised as they were sitting waiting for their floor rotation that DDs front tuck didn't count unless it was part of a series, so DD had to try a new tumble for the first time ever in the 5 minute warm up. I thought it was brilliant but the judges didn't credit it in the actual routine! However, I was so proud of her attitude as I'm sure you are of your DD. And the other thing I learnt was that the coach was at least as upset about the mix up as DD.
It's on to the next comp now and it's all character building. Honestly it is. And I don't think it's unreasonable having a few tears on the way out. And I'm amazed that she can crak a joke about it. She will go far :)

So glad she went and did it!!!
And to be able to joke since then, and plan future - that's a huge accomplishment!
Good for her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back