MAG D son's 1st time scratching a meet :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

munchkin3

Proud Parent
So, DS is competing L 6 this year and has had a frustrating season. He was sick before every meet this season. First a cough, the a stomach virus until finally, I pulled him out of practice and found out the next day he had an ear infection, cough, pink eye.....
obvously practice was out of the question so mom, dad, coach and DS decided to scratch! To say the least my son was very upset. Although not with the decision, just with the circumstances and that sometimes only TIME is the only cure...
We were worried of the 'Psychosomatic' angle, but now we think besides just bad luck, these kids are busy busy kids. I will try better nutrition and vitamins, and an extra hour of sleep per night.

We told DS just to forget this 1 meet out of hundreds and to begin thinking about states. Poor guy :(

Poor guy! It is so hard when they can't seem to shake a cold/etc. And when they have to miss a meet for it, it just devastates them! hope he feels better quickly and competes soon!!

ugh, that stinks! DD has missed one meet every season for being sick (fever, vomiting, etc.) and she has competed at others where she had a cold or was generally not 100%. It is no fun when they have been working so hard!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News