WAG Daily schedule

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is a GREAT example by blairbob:

^^^ Yep.

For a 1hr class, you basically can only set up side stations. At best, that is a quick warmup, some HS work and 2 events.

9-2? Is it all gymnastics or is there activity time and/or open gym/play/game time that needs to be figured in.

9-920 Warmup/stretch

920-930 core conditioning, hahahhahah. planks and L, straddle L, hollow, arch, etc or HS work such as static HS, walking, press HS. 10 minutes of core conditioning if you want them to get strong and sore. split with HS if they are more low level rec

930-945 Handstand work such as headstand, handstand holds, walking HS, press HS

945-1030 1st event

Snack time? or take a bit of time out of 1st and 2nd event, no more than 10 minutes

1030-1115 2nd event

1115-1145 (30 minute lunch)

15 minutes of games such as chicken on the henhouse, surfs up, etc

12-1245 3rd event

1245-130 4th event

130-145 strength and conditioning circuits. This is not really a lot of time, split them up into manageable groups but this depends how many coaches you have. If you wanted to add in that core conditioning and HS time to allow more you could skip that earlier and add it here to get another 25 minutes of time, which helps a lot. Come to think of it, I might do that instead. I used to like to partner rope climb and presses as a station, bar work such as hanging leg lifts and dips (no need to really do pullups when doing rope climb), floor conditioning such as that core work I stated earlier besides reverse leg lifts and lower body work such as lunges, broad jumps across floor, squatting, step ups. It's also nice if you can set up stations on rings/pb for skin the cats/dipping if they are located close to each other.

145-2 Open gym time

Another option I think is to create 30 minute rotations and do 5 events, with the 5th event being half and half of trampoline or tumbltrak/dance. So FX, Ba, Bm, V, Tramp/Dance every day. If you have boys and can make a boys only group, you would skip beam and would alternate HB/SR for Ba, and PB/PH for Bm (make sure to set up a bucket if you can). If you don't have enough boys to warrant a boys group and still want to get them on the apparatus, you would throw in some men's apparatus into that 5th event catagory or split off a few boys to work the MAG events.

4x45=160 minutes or 5x30=150 minutes. Schedule 10 minutes as a break. 45 minutes can be a long time for rec kids on an event but it's what you need to get some good work in, however there hands might not be able to do 45 minutes on bars.

So 30 minute rotations means you have more planning blocks each day, besides that 10 minutes of a planned break that doesn't interfere with events.

I'm basing most of this on what we did camp back in 2011 but we went 9-330 I think (also for team camp).

Do you mind if I ask why you want to know such a random thing that is going to have about six billion variations based on individual gym/athletes needs?

I'm not trying to be rude but you keep asking these very unusual questions in these short posts that come across like your barking requests. I am just curious why you want to know these odds things?

Sent from my LGL55C using ChalkBucket mobile app

What exactly are you looking for?

That was more of a plan for a summer camp.

Seeing that you are a gymnast, I'm surprised if this wouldn't exactly be out of your hands and up to your coaches.

There is something of a big difference betweens L5-9 but mainly the first place to start is how much time available to train.

Unless you are off for the summer or something.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back