Off Topic Dani & The Nutcracker Pics-Thanks for all the good luck wishes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank those of you that sent good luck wishes for Dani's performance of the Nutcracker. Last night was supposed to be just a dress rehearsal, but because of the forcasted snowstorm they decided to make last night a performance. On such short notice we had a pretty good turnout in the audience. The Ballet was also backed by the county orchestra which added more excitement to the whole production.

The show went really well! I am so proud of Dani for handling the pressure and going out there and rocking her first stage performance of this extent. It must be all that cheerleading and gymnastics experience that helped her keep her cool and bring it when she needed to. I am such a proud mommy right now!!! If the snow clears by tomorrow morning then we will have at least one more show on Sunday afternoon.

Here are some pics from last night's show:

HoCoBalletNutcrackerDec182009001-1.jpg

This is Dani in her "Party Scene" dress

HoCoBalletNutcrackerDec182009006.jpg

Group shot of some of the "Party Kids"

HoCoBalletNutcrackerDec182009004.jpg

Dani in her party girl dress

HoCoBalletNutcrackerDec182009011.jpg

Dani and her friend in "Dolls that Grow" costume

HoCoBalletNutcrackerDec182009014.jpg

HoCoBalletNutcrackerDec182009019.jpg

The girls in their "English" costume

HoCoBalletNutcrackerDec182009023.jpg

Dani and "The Mother Ginger Kids" costume

Last edited:
What fab pics, she looks great. I am so glad that she had a wonderful time. Did you manage to vidoe some of it? The costumes are so very nice.

I am thinking that we should ,move down your way as you seem to have such great opportunities for extra corricular activites. I have a touch of green eyed ency. Baby Bog would love to do drama, she is a drama queen already.

What fab pics, she looks great. I am so glad that she had a wonderful time. Did you manage to vidoe some of it? The costumes are so very nice.

I am thinking that we should ,move down your way as you seem to have such great opportunities for extra corricular activites. I have a touch of green eyed ency. Baby Bog would love to do drama, she is a drama queen already.

Thanks Bog! I didn't video but we did have a professional videographer there taping the performance. We all get a copy of the DVD in about a month so I will try and re-record some of Dani's parts from that and post them.

And come on down to Maryland!!!! There are always tons of opportunities to do other activities :). And the weather is always changing--we have everything from heat waves and hurricanes to blizzards! You couldn't ask for a more diverse set of weather conditions!

Great pictures of Dani. She looks adorable and looks like she's having a great time. . .

speaking of weather changing.... How much snow do you have on the ground in Maryland???

We're over a foot so far here in northern Virginia! I'm loving it... EXCEPT.... Katy went to a sleepover last night and I'm on pins and needles til she gets home!! (I don't have a car that can drive in this deep snow!)

Great pictures of Dani. She looks adorable and looks like she's having a great time. . .

speaking of weather changing.... How much snow do you have on the ground in Maryland???

We're over a foot so far here in northern Virginia! I'm loving it... EXCEPT.... Katy went to a sleepover last night and I'm on pins and needles til she gets home!! (I don't have a car that can drive in this deep snow!)

Thanks Tumlequeensmom! Dani had a great time doing the Nutcracker! She loves the diversity of it and it is a nice break from gymnastics. It is always nice to do something different once in a while :). We have about a foot on the ground right now and we are expecting even more!!! UGH! It is pretty to look at but it still presents that issue of having to shovel and dig out the cars eventually.

I really wish that Katy had done more than "just" gymnastics when she was younger! It sure gives them other options if they decide that they're done with one sport or the other! Oh well . . .

I hope you can clip of the videography here! I'd love to see her dancing!

Great pics of Dani, mdgm! So glad she is enjoying a wide variety of activites. I do look forward to seeing some vids of her dancing! :)

I really wish that Katy had done more than "just" gymnastics when she was younger! It sure gives them other options if they decide that they're done with one sport or the other! Oh well . . .

Sorry to hijack your thread, mdgm. But I had to say 'thanks' to tqm for this comment. It makes me feel better about where we are w/ dd right now. It helped me see that, in the future, instead of looking back w/ 'regrets' that my dd quit artistic, I'll probably (hopefully) look back and be glad she had a variety of experiences. I feel that way right now for the most part, but wonder if she/I will be sad about her leaving WAG at a later date, when it is truly 'too late' for her to return to it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back