DD lost her pullover on bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

mapstangelo

DD is six and a half and has lost her pull-over. She got it on her own June 2009, did a few summer classes and started up her regular (1 weekly class) in September 09 all her other skills she has but this seems to have gone....

I am wondering if it's a growth spurt or a weight gain something where she's a little off.

She is current enrolled in an Intermediate I class at her gym and I know it's a skill she really should have. She's a solidly built girl, solid rear and legs so I'm wondering if her bottom half if just harder to pull over the bar???

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Michelle

She will get it back soon, and like anything in gymnastics it takes practice. Is she close or far from the bar? She should stay close to it and keep her arms bent. Hope this helps!

Pullover's are one of those skills that tend to come and go for a while before the become consistent. Give her some time, if she is practicing them regularly then it will become much easier for her and the strength and coordination that is required will become second nature to her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back