DD's first Tops practice...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momofthreegirls

Coach
Proud Parent
DD's (age 6) first Tops practice was great! I wasn't sure how she would like 2.5 hours of strength training and conditioning. She loved it! I watched the last 45 minutes and watched her do parallettes and rope climbing. *Brag warning* - She was the only girl in the class who could climb the rope in pike position with just her arms. This made me proud of her and feel really good about switching to this gym. At our old gym, they wanted her out of the competitive program, and suggested she just take rec. classes because "her personality wasn't right for competitive gymnastics". Boy is she proving them wrong!

Her new coach (the owner/head coach of the gym) is so energetic, fun, and positive. DD works SO HARD for him. She is looking better than ever, and has made so much progress in the past 2 months. It's amazing how much difference a great coach makes.

Congrats to your daughter. Sounds like she is doing an amazing job with her first Tops Practice. I can't believe your old gym told you she didn't have the personality for the competitive program. Hopefully if they ever see your daughter at a competition then they will see how wrong they were. Tell your daughter to keep up her hard work.

Wow! Congrats to your dd!!! Sounds like you found a great fit for her at the new gym :D!!!

Oh, I just LOVE proving old coaches wrong!!! My dd's old cheer coach was like that. Back when she was 7/8 years old he said that she was "too big" to be a flyer and wouldn't be good :mad:. So we moved to a new cheer gym (a very competitive big name gym) and not only was she a flyer but she was also the most flexible one in the gym. If anyone has seen her meet videos you all can all atest to her flexibility and her size ;). I can't stand coaches when they make flippant remarks like that without giving the child a chance first.

I am so glad that your dd is doing well and is happy at her new gym!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back