DD's meet this weekend!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We've had good luck with bag balm (or I suspect any really thick greasy gook would do) put on it at night with a short tube-like section of sock with a thumb-hole cut out (think Madonna or Cindy Lauper... can you tell I came of age in the 80s?). We saw a big improvement after one night and it was pretty much O.K. in a few days.

Sending lots of good luck to your daughter (and all the CB gymmies competing this weekend!) Our girls struggle with vault as a whole, too. Not much time is spent on it. In fact, between her first L5 meet and her 2nd, they only vaulted over the real table at one practice. Of course, they have no score set to move between levels, so that makes it easier. I imagine that they figure they have a few years to work on it. No idea. My DD now loves vault, so she is bummed they don't practice the actual vault more. The do seem to practice drills for vault though. Vault is her weakest event, with bars close behind, which was her strong event at L4, you just never know!

As for the rip, my daughter just decided the week before her 2nd L5 meet that she didn't want to wear grips anymore. She did her first one in grips and has been in grips since summer. So her hands were really, really sore and had tons of bubbles and big callouses. We took some cheap gloves and cut off the fingers. Every night she soaks her hands in warm water and then puts on a bunch of bag balm and the gloves and she sleeps in them. It has helped her hands. Maybe try the same with some neosporin on the rip the first night. And if the rip is still open the day of the meet, maybe try a few layers of New Skin on it or one of these with some tape over it to hold it in place. Buy Johnson & Johnson First Aid Advanced Care, Advanced Healing Adhesive Pads Online at drugstore.com A warm tea bag on it before washing her hands an applying stuff might help, too! Hope it heals by Sunday!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back