Parents Developmental Camp Invite Video Submitted!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What a little powerhouse! So fun to watch!

Can I ask you a question? Does she do any weights or just typical conditioning in practice? She is (and looks) so strong!

As an aside - I haven't done my research yet on weights and gymnasts, but after seeing the Olympians last summer I am pretty sure they are lifting and lifting heavy. I am curious what Simone squats and dead lifts, cause that girl is amazingly buff. It is interesting to me as a beginning lifter.

She is working on these now.
have them put a quick video together and send it. That is a pretty basic requirement and will insure an invite. It's getting harder and harder to get invited and to get invited back these days, so every little edge helps. :)

What a little powerhouse! So fun to watch!

Can I ask you a question? Does she do any weights or just typical conditioning in practice? She is (and looks) so strong!

As an aside - I haven't done my research yet on weights and gymnasts, but after seeing the Olympians last summer I am pretty sure they are lifting and lifting heavy. I am curious what Simone squats and dead lifts, cause that girl is amazingly buff. It is interesting to me as a beginning lifter.
I don't know what Sinone does as far as lifts now, but I saw her speak recently and she said even as a kid st the ripe old age of 6 she was already pretty muscular even before she started gymnastics so it may just be her body type, but you're right she is definitely super ripped and buff!

Our coaches do a lot of strength and conditioning work but nothing that involves weights (except for the weights that they will put on their ankles or around their waists for certain conditioning drills, but these are only 3.5 - 5 lb weights). My DD has always been built this way. When she was 4 years old (before she started gymnastics, she didn't start until she was 5), my husband was at the park with her and another dad asked him if he had her doing strength training at home! It was around this same time that people kept saying that she was built like a gymnast and that's what got us to put her into gymnastics. She reminds me a lot of how Simone Biles is built, she is very short for her age (she is also a twin, which I think caused her to be a bit smaller) and just a little ball of muscle. Her biggest challenges are her flexibility and her horrible eating habits, we are working on both of these everyday!! Thank you all so much for your kind comments. We always thought she was very talented but also thought that we were a bit biased as her parents:):) Hoping to get an answer from Valeri next week!!!

As a side note, my DD has a teammate who has already received an invite to developmental camp (her video was submitted about a month ago), she is an amazing gymnast but the complete opposite of my DD. She reminds me of Nastia, very tall and flexible and graceful, all 3 things my DD is not. Their coach is always saying how he wishes he could combine the 2 girls together, he would have one heck of an amazing gymnast!!

Our coaches do a lot of strength and conditioning work but nothing that involves weights (except for the weights that they will put on their ankles or around their waists for certain conditioning drills, but these are only 3.5 - 5 lb weights). My DD has always been built this way. When she was 4 years old (before she started gymnastics, she didn't start until she was 5), my husband was at the park with her and another dad asked him if he had her doing strength training at home! It was around this same time that people kept saying that she was built like a gymnast and that's what got us to put her into gymnastics. She reminds me a lot of how Simone Biles is built, she is very short for her age (she is also a twin, which I think caused her to be a bit smaller) and just a little ball of muscle. Her biggest challenges are her flexibility and her horrible eating habits, we are working on both of these everyday!! Thank you all so much for your kind comments. We always thought she was very talented but also thought that we were a bit biased as her parents:):) Hoping to get an answer from Valeri next week!!!

What an amazing gift to be born strong! Good luck!

Reactions: sce
As a side note, my DD has a teammate who has already received an invite to developmental camp (her video was submitted about a month ago), she is an amazing gymnast but the complete opposite of my DD. She reminds me of Nastia, very tall and flexible and graceful, all 3 things my DD is not. Their coach is always saying how he wishes he could combine the 2 girls together, he would have one heck of an amazing gymnast!!

We've crossed paths a few times this season at meets. I was wondering if her teammate also submitted. This is wonderful! I hope both girls reach their goals in the sport.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back