difference between a jaeger and a tkachev?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hi, i only coach lower levels, so i dont know the answer to this...i know its probably stupid, but i looked up both of them on youtube, just to see if i could figure it out, and the only difference i saw was the direction they are doing their giants...is that the only difference? thanks. :)

Actually, they're entirely different.

Yes, the Jaeger comes from a front and the Tkatchev from a back giant. But there's more:

The Jaeger is a front sommersault (usually straddled, but also piked or straight,... ). Whereas the Tkatchev does not involve a salto but rather is a backward flight over the top of the bar (coming from a strong tap with a counter rotation to generate height/flight/allow for a proper recatch)

Actually, they're entirely different.

Yes, the Jaeger comes from a front and the Tkatchev from a back giant. But there's more:

The Jaeger is a front sommersault (usually straddled, but also piked or straight,... ). Whereas the Tkatchev does not involve a salto but rather is a backward flight over the top of the bar (coming from a strong tap with a counter rotation to generate height/flight/allow for a proper recatch)

so not for anyone to be confused. a tkatchev does salto over the bar. it is a 1/4 counter rotated forward salto over the bar. without this mechanism you then would have a "backward flight over the top of the bar" having the gymnast landing on their back on top of the bar or their backs on the floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back