Parents Dizziness after ear infection

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2twingymnasts

Proud Parent
My son was out of gym for 2 weeks. It started with a cough and quickly moved to an ear infection. It was a very bad ear infection - took 2 antibiotics to cure the infection. Even after the infection cleared up, he had water in his ear. We took him to an ENT a week ago and he just said there is some water in his ear and his hearing is just slight different in the affected ear. The ENT said if it is not better in a week to bring him back.
My son no longer feels the water in his ear but he is still getting extremely dizzy at gymnastics. After a few giants on highbar, he has to stop and lie down. My son says he never got dizzy doing giants before. It does seem like he has more wax in his ears.
Does is take this long to lose the dizziness after an ear infection? I'm thinking a trip back to the ENT is in order.

Oh my goodness my dd went through this, it was totally odd. She got H1N1 the week after being vaccinated and was sick as a chip. Then she got very dizzy and had vertigo. She literally couldn't walk without falling over, had us all totally freaked out. Off to the hospital for rounds and rounds of tests. Initially they thought it was neurological, but it turned out to be fluid in her inner ear. One round of Sudafed later and she was good to go. I would not let him do any gym until it goes, my dd was told it could be very dangerous to do much beyond walking until the fluid had gone. Definitely take him back to be re-examined.

My daughter had vertigo for weeks after being sick with a bad cold! We even had a CT scan done to rule out a brain tumor. I second the sudafed idea to clear up any lingering fluid. My daughter's just got better over time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back