do gymnasts in optionals make up their own routines, or do coaches choreograph them?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For floor, most gymnasts either get a choreographer or have their coach make up the routine. For beam, my coach did mine, but I know that lots of gymnasts usually help the coach or do it themselves. It doesn't really matter who does the routine, as long as its a good one!

At our gym we have a dance coach/chroegrapher who developes the routine for the girl and then works with her until she gets the basic moves down. The cost depends on the level of the girl.

we have a couple people who coreogragh floor and beam routines, but sometimes mostly for beam you can make up your own routine and the coach will aprove of it. Or you can work with my coach to come up with a routine with both of your ideas!!

For floor my coach hired a choreographer (the choreographer was actually a gymnast at our gym a one point...) but after our coach changed some things in the routine. On beam we spent maybe two weeks coming up with dance and along the way out coach helped us. soo...

Floor: Choreographer and coach
Beam: Coach and gymnast

im not sure if they make up their own, or if they have the coach do it, or if its either way.

At our gym, the answer would be "yes".
We have gymnasts that do their own with a little assistance, we have coaches that do all of the work and once they get a little more familiar with the sport, the gymnasts works with the coach and helps put more of their own personality into the routines.

We had a choreographer that a lot of girls used, some did their own. I personally loved to come up with my own beam routines simply because I made it mine which made ME want to work to perfect it. Floor, I also mostly did on my own with the help of my coach and choreographer, I also have an extensive dance background.

At dd's gym, the HC (who is a choreographer) does the routines. She does all choreography and chooses the music too - gymnast & parent have no say. All I do is write the checks. I have to say that I have been most satisfied with both routines that HC has done for dd - no complaints here!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back