do i have a chance?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, Im a sophomore in highschool and just competed level 9 this season. I will probably do level 9 again as a junior then maybe level 10 as a senior. I am a pretty solid vault I already have a yurchenko tuck full and most likely will get a layout full this summer. Im good at floor too I can do double backs, double fulls, not too hard. Im terrible at beam though and ok at bars. Do i have a chance at college gym? Please beam completley honest and real with me :) thanks!

Well it depends on what type of college you want to go to D1 D2 or D3. There are a lot of possiblities and you might be able to make a team.

Given your skill set, age and rate you see yourself progressing, I would say that D2 or 3 or club gymnastics would be your most likely options for college gymnastics. The majority of D1 gymnasts are either elite or solid Level 10 gymnasts so I wouldn't pursue that route but the other options might pan out for you.

If you are really, really good in one area and still good in the other three, sometimes a school will pick you up for that skill but you have to be "out there" competing in meets around the country where scouts get a chance to "see" you. And if you are wanting to be seen, it can also be helpful to make the camp you go to be at one of the universities you are interested in attending...As stated in earlier posts, there are some of the smaller schools that may be interested, but you still have to be pretty darn good by the time you are about 16 or they won't even notice you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back