Parents Do you know all the kids in your child's training group?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

By sight yes, by name, no. I do know most of the girls she competes with, as in those usually in her session and go during her training time.

About 40-50 kids total.

Little kids and rec kids, not all.

There are currently eight girls in my daughter's training group; next week there will be something like 15 after they pull in additional kids from rec. I know a few of their names because my daughter talks about them but do not know any of them personally the way I know her friends from school and Girl Scouts, whom I am constantly seeing at play dates, field trips, book club, birthday parties, school events, etc. I do not know any of their parents' names. Parents do not hang around the gym and chat--it's drop and dash for everyone. I like this environment much better than our previous gym, where the preteam parents would sit and watch every single practice and engage in all sorts of CGP behavior. I assume the parents will get to know each other at least a little once we start having to sit through meets.

There is little chance that my daughter will ever get to know the kids in other groups. Practice schedules vary by group, and each group has its own coaches. The kids are grouped strictly by competitive level.

Before she quit club, definitely--we were at the gym for 15 years or so (older DD started there when she was 3), so got to know everyone really well. At HS--not so much. I mean I know the girls, but know KNOW the girls

The girls' original gym, we knew every single kid on the team (about 30 girls). Second gym for ODD we knew her training groups (6-8 girls) but no one from the rest of the xcel team (about 25 other girls) and no one from the JO team (a lot of girls- best guess, around 100). ODD current gym we know her group (6 girls) and are getting to know the extended team slowly- it's been a bit over a month (about 25 girls, total). YDDs current gym, I know about half the kids. There are some we have never even seen yet, though. They practice and compete completely separate from my DD. Her gym has about 25 kids on team- this is T&T.

At gym yes. At meets with their hair all done the same not always. But usually by the end of the season I know who is who

Yes, I know them all and most of their families, too. Its only about 16 girls though, across two different training groups as they overlap on certain days. My DD has trained with five of the girls for about 4 years now and our families have become friends outside of the gym also.

DD just changed gyms on June 1. She has six girls in her training group and I could tell you their names, but I wouldn't say I "know" them yet. There's a second, larger group of optionals that starts an hour after her group, and I could probably name a couple and that's it. It's a very welcoming gym, and I expect to know all the optionals by the end of meet season.

Little guy has 5 others in his training group, we know them all well. They like to hang out together. We know all the other older boys too, and a majority of the girls (at least by sight).

Nope. I know the girls in DDS' practice group - 18 of them. I know the girls in one other practcie group at their levels, since they compete with another practice group, but other than that, no, Our team is huge - there are 101 kids on xcel - 40 bronze, 43 silver, 11 gold, and 7 platinim. JO has probably another 60, between levels 3-10. SO I know the8 other silvers that ODD practices with, and the 7 other bronze that YDD is with, plus maybe 10 from each level that are a different practice day but same compete day. There are two other b/s groups and I have no idea who those girls are.

I know all the girls in her level (optionals) and all in the level below (4/5) where she was last year. I know most of the Level 3s but not many pre-team (Level 1/2). I know most of the Xcels definitely Gold and above, some Silvers and a few Bronze. We've been there for over 5 years and I also am very active in our parent association and enjoy my chat time with the other moms there too. I also enjoy watching all the girls and seeing them get new skills and overcome fears and we all cheer each other's kids on and celebrate their successes so you really get to know the other girls that way too.

Our gym has around 800 members. I only know the 6 kids my dd interacts with in her group. She barely interacts with the kids outside her rec group (even other rec groups from the same age). It took a while before I knew which name belongs to which kid. A group photo from the club championship helped really well, so dd could tell me who is who.
I know the faces of the kids in the a-group and the (entry)team, but not by name.

Most parents don't come to look at the trainings, but there are 1 or 2 moms that easily start a conversation with me. One has her dd in the same rec group as my dd. One mom (that has her dd in the a-group) always throws me an angry look.

My DD has a very small training group right now and there are less than 8 girls in it. I do know all their names and can recognize them. The girls are pretty segregated by level, and we've got around 50 on team. So we only know a few other girls that are not in DD's level or have not trained with her.

No. I know some of them but no where close to all.

I don't take dd to practice and at meets, too many of the girls look similar with the same hairstyle and same Leo. I recognize the names of the girls from meet programs and emails but I can't always match up the right face to the right name. Dd also has a much larger training group than most of those here, so I might be much better at name and faces if there weren't as many.

oh, and see them in normal clothes with their hair down, and I am clueless!!
Yes to this. I dropped dd off at camp last summer and her teammate started talking to her when we got to the cabin. I had to slyly ask dd who she was! I had never seen the girl with her hair down and not in a leotard. I also didn't realize just how tiny the girl was.

All that to say. Our gym is pretty small. I know both the boys and girls team's names. I measured them all for uniforms too, so that helps me know who they are. As well, dd talks about her teammates a lot, so I feel like I know them. ;)

There are currently 8 (I think?) girls in DD's training group. There are three total girls I don't really know, though I can recognize two of them. One of them? No clue!!

I also know some of the girls 1-2 groups up and one group down. And no - I don't think I'd recognize most of them with their hair down if I saw them on the street.

I have no idea how many total kids the gym has. I'd guess around 100ish total in JO?

I know four Xcel kids and one boys team kid - my DS. And I have no idea how many kids are in either of those programs!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back