WAG does she need tiger paws?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

what about for boys? D uses tape on pommel right now and we have had about 3 cases of an overuse injury in his wrists. It was several years ago,and with training and strengthening, has gotten better. None of our boys wear anything but tape though. I am always curious as to whether or not they would help him.

what about for boys? D uses tape on pommel right now and we have had about 3 cases of an overuse injury in his wrists. It was several years ago,and with training and strengthening, has gotten better. None of our boys wear anything but tape though. I am always curious as to whether or not they would help him.

It's very common for male gymnasts to use the kind of wrist support like this:

http://www.ten-o.com/The-Ultimate-W...E&utm_source=GoogleProducts&utm_campaign=G626

Ha, I just noticed the description says that too. I have no idea why personally, but many NCAA male gymnasts I know have ones like those. None of them have the tiger paw kind. I don't know if it's just "cultural" or those ones are good for pommel horse or something.

The amount of strain 'chenkos and timers put on wrists is insane. Coach probably wants to protect your DD. Definitely get them.

When exactly a kid should start wearing tiger paws (and braces in general) is a hotly debated subject among coaches. The general consensus seems to be that kids shouldn't use them unless they have some sort of chronic pain or injury that necessitates them.

I strongly disagree with that consensus, but that puts me in the minority among coaches.

I actually started using Tiger Paws bc of a wrist injury in lvl 5. They were a great help and def. improved my tumbling. I wish I'd gotten them sooner.

I bought them for my daughter when she was complaining of wrist pain (she does a lot of tumbling) but even the xs is too big so she can't even use them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back