Downloading Photographers pictures from meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Photographers that publish pictures of kids on the net with no parental permission are really walking a fine line. Here is a pic of my daughter from a recent meet...I had to do nothing but enter an email address to get at it. Kind of sketchy if you ask me.

EDIT: OK...I feel bad now...I'm taking the photo down that was right here so we can stay legal.

I also think that photographers that share a sampling of their photos via Facebook are very smart from a marketing standpoint. Here is a great photographer on FB:

Kelly Smith Photography | Facebook

When she put our shots up...we shared them with everyone!

jbs-family.jpg

Last edited:
Photographers that publish pictures of kids on the net with no parental permission are really walking a fine line. Here is a pic of my daughter from a recent meet...I had to do nothing but enter an email address to get at it. Kind of sketchy if you ask me.

Just wanted to add...I personally have no problem with photographers doing this. It is totally legal.

As far as the original question. Photographers should watermark their photos and gain from the illegal sharing of photos. Whether or not it's legal to use a copyrighted photo is not going to stop many people...especially kids.

First, your children are beautiful! That's a lovely photo!

I completely agree with you about photographers posting photos without parental permission. Do photographers at gym meets usually have parents sign any kind of model release type form? If they don't, they should require more than just an email address to view the photos. I set a password for my client proof photos, though I have them all sign a model release prior to me taking their photos, so it's not really an issue for me anyway. I think most portrait photographers will have clients sign a release and if they don't, the photos don't get posted. I was curious though if event photographers do the same?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back