Coaches Drills for SNAP in Fronthandsping on FX

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Some of my girls are having an hard time understanding (or "doing"-for lack of a better word) the snap at the end of their front handsprings to get a good consistent rebound.

I am consistently training the front...reach, kick and block

But perhaps someone knows of some drills that will help with this situation. Or good drills to share for fronthandsprings in general.

Thanks!

Some of my girls are having an hard time understanding (or "doing"-for lack of a better word) the snap at the end of their front handsprings to get a good consistent rebound.

I am consistently training the front...reach, kick and block

But perhaps someone knows of some drills that will help with this situation. Or good drills to share for fronthandsprings in general.

Thanks!
==
we work this at the beginning,
Front handspring up onto an 8 inch mat, stay stretched to feet then on belly holding stretched position. You need to spot these and the focus is on the block and stretch all the way until they land on stomach. Make sure it's a soft mat and do it for a month or so.

Hope that helps,

A good cue to help them maintain the proper shape and tension is tell them to push the floor back behind heir ears and look for their hands as they finish putting their energy into the handstand/phase. If they do that motion and maintain tension in the position until they are ready to extend/punch into the front, they'll have approximately patterned their front tumbling set to their back tumbling set....... and I gotta believe we teach kids to block-snap down- and set their back tumbling because those shapes work, going frontwards or backwards.

I'm not suggesting you forget doing the drills coachp has outlined, but you can always add to your list of cues during the drills to help them better understand how to move, where to tension, and for how long.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back