WAG Easiest B

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gymnast17

Gymnast
Reaction score
Which one of these B’s would be the easiest and quickest to learn? I’m working on limited time and I need to get a bar routine for XP.

- Clear Hip into kip
- Giants
- Cast handstand
- Uprise
I have some form of a clear hip. It’s not the best, but it’s the most I’ve got right now. Another feasible option would be a cast handstand. In the past I’ve done some casts that are significantly higher than horizontal. Any tips or advice?

I would sat depending on the person an uprise or clear hip

Most common in platinum is clear hip (as its required to have a "B" circling skill)

If a B circling skill is required, how will you fulfill that with a cast handstand (if you pick that one)

Also, it depends on the person - most platinums at my gym compete clear hip (me) or uprise (rarer). Cast handstand could also be okay depending on how it looks right now, if you've been working it, and if you trust yourself enough. Also has a higher risk of falling over so consider that.

I don’t think it’s a B circling skill, but just a B-Valued skill. That’s what I’ve been told by my coach at least. Cast handstands would be risky though.

You don't need a B circling skill but you do need a B skill and a circling skill. It seems like the "easiest" way to fulfill both requirements is a clear hip which I believe needs to be above horizontal to get credited as a B. Most platinum bar routines that I have seen include a clear hip.

I had no idea that it needed to be above horizontal. Thanks for letting me know.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back