Elbow Injuries

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay, Hello everyone again!

Recently, within the last year and a few months i have had four injuries. Two of them were on the same elbow but were unrelated. the reason i am sharing this is because they took an MRI on my elbow for the most recent elbow injury (brusing on the bottom of the bone on my elbow) and the realized that a year later after the first injury to my elbow (radial head fracture) that area was still bruised on the bone. the doctor said the bruises arent dangerous. So what i am asking is if there is a problem with my bones in my elbow? or is it just because i am constantly usuing it after the rest period i had?

Oh, and im pretty sure it isnt a calcium problem because i drink plenty of milk.

So i was just wondering what thoughts were on this

http://www.paleodiet.com/losspts.txt

We don't just need calcium but magnesium and VitD and to decrease amounts of phytic acid (legumes&beans) besides soft drinks and coffee (phosphoric acid and tannic acid) besides excessive sodium intake.

Something to think about

I hurt my elbow the Sunday before Christmas by falling off my bike really hard on it. I couldn't move my elbow the whole night, it was swollen, and had a huge bruise there. I didn't go to the hospital for x-rays because of the holiday.

I have issues with my wrist joint because of a lack of cartilage-y stuff (basically the bones are closer than they should be. Although not bad enough to need surgery because they don't hurt for normal activity. I had craaaaazy strike pain and I'd say it felt like my bones were hitting each other sometimes...and everyone would laugh at me BUT I WAS RIGHT THEY BASICALLY WERE). Ahem.

You can also put a lot of strain on your elbow with incorrect technique. Hands turned out on tumbling can be an issue for some. You want a slight bend, not a lock out.

i know you live "somewhere over the rainbow" but really, where do you live? a large metro area? small urban area?

Hmm... i actually dont have a hands out while tumbling problem, but i could have some other technique problem. my pain is more like a throbbing, or on bars a stetching the muscles sharp pain. but i just ice almost every night and alsmost every practice for 10 minutes (the last 10 of bars). It seems to get me through alright. i just have to use some discresion (sp?) when i have had enough. but thanks i will look into my tumbling techniques with my coaches.

I am a little put off by that question... and im not positive i should answer that...

i'm asking because i'm curious as to whether you are near experienced sports doctors. this is your 2nd post over several weeks and about your elbows. you should not be having chronic problems unless there is something the matter. if there is something the matter and your coaches can't figure it out...then you need experienced with gymnasts doctors to help you out. so, if you tell me where you are i might be able to help your parents find you who you need or travel to where you might have to to get the appropriate help.

now, if you can't do this...you should stop posting about your elbows as there is then nothing any of us can do to help you out. understand now?

i thought i should add that i'm concerned that you might have an actual problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I live in a place where there is a sports medicine doctor and the reason that I have pain is because my bones in my elbow are bruised I baisically asked for why they were still bruised after last years problems

someone else want to address this? this child could have OCD. necrosis 'looks' like bruising at the bones. geesh...

Oh wait, nevermind. I didnt read the edit. I meant something more along the lines of a diet or technique problem. I didnt really say that did I? Nevermind then, sorry to bother everyone.

And second I wanted to thank you for your offer to help with the doctor though.

Last edited:
If your elbow bones still appear to be bruised on an MRI after a year, and if you're still having elbow pain, then you need to go back to the doctor. In this instance, OCD stands osteochondritis dissecans (might have misspelled that), which can ultimately lead to the death of bone tissue if it's left untreated. It can show up initially as bone bruising.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back