• ChalkBucket Does Not Provide Medical Advice

Always first seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding an injury / medical condition. This forum is simply here to share your injury & recovery experiences and what has worked or not worked for you and your athlete.

Elbow pain when doing rings or bar or ground works

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
So I don't currently have injuries but just want to know in advance. For skills on rings/bar/ground such as planche, Iron cross, back lever, etc, many trainees often talk about elbow pain. What specific part of the elbow are they referring to? Is it the joint/contact point between the arm bones? If it's the elbow joint they are talking about, how fast/slow does joint recovery take relative to muscle and tendon recovery? So far I've only seen it discussed that muscle takes a lot less time to recover than tendon/ligament.

Elbow pain is not normal. If you feel it, take a break. If it doesn’t get better with rest, see a doctor. I took my son to a gymnastics physical therapist to get preventative exercises. I think it was a good investment.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Magana Club

The Shaposhnikova Skills in the 2025-28 CoP

Back