Parents Ellie got her KICKOVER plus other new skills. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ellie has been making major progress between bouts with the tummy bug. She finally has her kickover. This has been a struggle due to super tight shoulder muscles. :) It is a beautiful sight to see. We have struggled with it for over a year. I've been stretching her every night for a year.
She has her backhandspring on the tumble track now. So the ROBHS should be coming soon. And she got her shoot through, and level 4 dismount. She is determined to begin kipping ASAP. The 2 skills she wants to get are the kip and the ROBHS. Her sights are placed there. Going into this our thoughts were level 3 for next season, but seeing as she is getting her 4 skills, then she may do four. LOL But if you ask her, she will say 3 because she has everything needed.
Emma has her cast to squat on and her jump to high bar now. No kip yet, but there are getting better to look at spotted. ROBHS are getting better. She will make her leaps of improvement once state testing at school and finals are over. May is a hard month at school. :)

Congratulations to Ellie! My DD also has very tight shoulders and has struggled with the kickover and back walkover. She has them but they are very erratic, she only gets them about 50% of the time. I have also been working with her at home doing shoulder stretches several times a week for the past year. Her shoulder flexibility has improved but still has a long way to go. Sorry to hear about the tummy bug.

Congrats to Ellie! Isn't it wonderful when they get a new skill? The excitement & pride they experience is priceless.

That kickover can be tough, esp. with the shoulder tightness you mentioned. My DD isn't the most flexible girl in the gym and becoming flexible enough to push her shoulders back over her hands was a process for her. She's got the kick-over and BWO and is working on consistently getting a pretty looking ROBHS. The ROBHS seems to be her (as she calls it) "arch-enemy", at the moment ;) Keep up the good work girls and congrats, again!!!

Her coaches showed me some simple stretches to have her do at night. We had about 4 she was doing each night. On a few she had to be helped to hold the position. A few were as simple as her practicing the bridge up and holding the correct postion for a certain count. I am sure your chld's coaches could show you some if your child is having similar issues. It took about a year, but she is now able to do them with straight legs and straight arms and kick over.

Way to go Ellie!! I remember my girl's facial expression when she finally got that front hip circle. Wish I'd gotten that on camera! Bet she will be getting the ROBHS and the other skills very soon. Good luck to her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back