WAG Fall season is done!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter had her final meet of the fall season this weekend which also happened to be our first experience with an in-house meet. I never appreciated what it takes to host a meet!

Once again, my daughter finished 4th AA. 4th EVERY meet! What makes this one a bit sweeter is that there were fewer age divisions so she faced several older kids. She scored a season best 36.4 AA. When she went on vault, she got 9.5 and I was sure she had her first Level 4 gold. Then her teammate went and I knew she'd have to settle for 2nd because her teammatehad the vault of her life en route to the AA title.

Almost everything was positive except for her bars score. Everything was great except for a low dismount (which is the norm). All season, a routine like hers would have been around a 9.3. She scored an 8.875. For the first time EVER she complained about a score. She said, "Dad, I shouldn't have gotten that score on bars. I was better than that." I agreed, but I asked her if she was happy with her performance. She said that she was and I told her that's all that matters. I'm proud of her growth considering the did virtually no up training last season. She has gotten better and better and I can't wait until spring.

Oh, yeah, she also made a kip yesterday! Whooohooo!

Congrats to your daughter!!! Sounds like she did awesome. So does she compete in the spring too? My DD is finishing up her first level 4 season as well. We have two more meets to go (season goes from Sept to Dec). The first four meets have flown by.

We do compete in spring (January to March). Fall is three meets and spring is six including state. Six meets in fall is a ton. Are you in one of those states where state is in the fall?

Wow, you will be very busy!!! State is in December but our gym doesn't do level 4 state. It was a busy late summer and fall as my DD moved onto the official team the last week in July and our first meet was mid September. She had to learn her front hip and other stuff quick but it's also nice for us to be done in December as we have a DS who competes and his season always starts in January!

What makes it the end of "fall season" if there's no states? I don't get this fall and spring season thing. We compete October-spring.

DD hasn't started competing yet. First Artistic meet is the end of November, and T&T doesn't start until January. Then we will be busy almost every weekend until May.

What makes it the end of "fall season" if there's no states? I don't get this fall and spring season thing. We compete October-spring.

It's the end of the season because our meets are done for several months. I guess you could consider it one long season with a long break in the middle if you wanted to...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back