Parents Farfalla Method?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

MaesMom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Hi! Has anyone heard of the Farfalla Stretch Method? Any experience with it or thoughts? My 7yo is having trouble with flexibility and we’re looking for a good routine for her to get into.

Hi! Has anyone heard of the Farfalla Stretch Method? Any experience with it or thoughts? My 7yo is having trouble with flexibility and we’re looking for a good routine for her to get into.
I’ve seen some videos on it before, from what I know about it some parts of it are good…some of it is over stretching muscles when kids aren’t prepared. I’d say it’s more of a dancer flexibility method but I may be wrong. As someone studying exercise science…you want to be flexible but not have muscles so stretched they easily hyperextend for gymnastics. I would look for PT or coaches gymnast stretch routines. Looking to stretch each muscle group slowly but carefully w/ proper recovery habits such as heat, good Protien intake, foam rolling etc. are generally the best approach. I’ve seen teammates w/ loose sloppy gymnastics from being too flexible in their back or shoulders and continuously flopping over on skills. Like everything….stretching is 100% needed for success in gymnastics…even every day is recommended just doing it properly.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back