WAG Fear in trying anything new or doing skills (Please reply if anyone has advice!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
I am a 16 year old Xcel Diamond gymnast. And recently I have had more fear in trying new skills or just doing the skills ive been working then I have ever had in gymnastics. I was a late start to gymnastics and have only started competitive gymnastics 3 years ago. I am terrified to do giants with a spot nor have I ever done giants correctly. I constantly close my shoulders or not even shift my wrists because of how terrified I am to even open my shoulders. I can perfectly do them on strap bar but on real bar forget about it. This has been going on for so long and its all because Im terrified to even try to open my shoulders because ive never done it before. I'm a very sensative person and the main reason im scared is because im scared of just getting hurt and being out overall. But recently my fears in gymnastics have just gotten so bad its seriously never been this bad. Im scared of not just giants, but it seems like everything. I can't move my backtuck onto a higher beam either, i have been doing them on low beam for so long and they are perfect, I'm just so scared to even more it up. Or i'll just be scared of skills ive been competing for years!! It feels like I have no trust in myself. I also am scared to even try any new skills at all. I'm loosing hope in myself and feel like im never going to improve or i'll never stop being scared of literally everything. If anybody had ANY advice or know how to fix this it is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back