Finally! Improvment! (Meet report!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastbeth

Moderator/Gymnast
Had my third level 9 meet last weekend, and I hit 3/4 events!

Started with beam, where I just wanted to stay on. I got through the whole routine, and just had to do a full turn and my dismount. Fell on the full turn. Ooops! Nice dismount though. SCORE: 8.05 I'm fine with that!!

Then floor. Trainwreck!! I started the routine, and the music stopped after the first pass. Kept doing it, because that's what I was taught to do. (Pretty sure there was no deduction?) Fell on my butt on my front pass, and then fell on my butt again on a switch leap, after landing on my toes crunched up! Was NOT pretty! Sloppy on everything.
SCORE: 6.9

Vault was good. :) Stood up a piked yurchenko, which was an accomplishment for me on its own. But I stuck it!
SCORE: 8.9 (very happy!!!)

And then bars, oh bars, my favorite event. Did a great pirouette, but on my dismount fell backwards and took running steps, and proceeded to fall. Still happy with the routine!
SCORE: 8.45

I placed on vault and bars. Hopefully I can have a highschool meet where I hit my routines now!

Way to go. You should be proud of yourself. Like Gymnasticgrandkids said, you have an awsome outlook on it all. As long as you had a good time, that really is all that matters.

just getting to level 9 is great!!!! Just keep working out those kinks and you will be doing even better in no time!! Funny how you fall on the funniest things.

Had my third level 9 meet last weekend, and I hit 3/4 events!

Then floor. Trainwreck!! I started the routine, and the music stopped after the first pass. Kept doing it, because that's what I was taught to do. (Pretty sure there was no deduction?) Fell on my butt on my front pass, and then fell on my butt again on a switch leap, after landing on my toes crunched up! Was NOT pretty! Sloppy on everything.
SCORE: 6.9

Just wondering why the judges didn't give you the option of repeating floor? Usually when music stops, that is what happens. I was at the level 8 state meet 2 years ago, and watched a girl fall on her first pass, fall on her second pass, just not have a good routine, and almost fall on her 3rd pass. Her music stopped with literally 3 seconds left. She got a bad score. Then the judges all gathered and conferred, called her coach over, then called her over. i saw her smiling and nodding her head. I thought, "Surely they are not letting her go again???!!!" Sure enough, at the end of the rotation, she got to redo her floor and of course didn't fall, did great, beat my dd!!! All because her music stopped with 3 seconds left. Anyway, were you given the option to redo? Just curious. Great job on the other events. Level 9 IS hard!

Just wondering why the judges didn't give you the option of repeating floor? Usually when music stops, that is what happens. I was at the level 8 state meet 2 years ago, and watched a girl fall on her first pass, fall on her second pass, just not have a good routine, and almost fall on her 3rd pass. Her music stopped with literally 3 seconds left. She got a bad score. Then the judges all gathered and conferred, called her coach over, then called her over. i saw her smiling and nodding her head. I thought, "Surely they are not letting her go again???!!!" Sure enough, at the end of the rotation, she got to redo her floor and of course didn't fall, did great, beat my dd!!! All because her music stopped with 3 seconds left. Anyway, were you given the option to redo? Just curious. Great job on the other events. Level 9 IS hard!

My coach asked me if I wanted her to see if it was possible for me to do the routine again, but I actually didn't want to. Floor takes so much energy out of me, and my ankle was hurting a little after falling on it. I decided to just keep the score, and try to do better next time! After they looked into it a little more, I couldn't have done it again anyways. My CD wouldn't play anymore. Luckily, I have my floor music on Itunes, so I made a new CD when I got home.

But I've gotta say, it was WEIRD doing a routine in silence! Didn't know how long to wait in the corners before or after each pass.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back