first hb grips - brand contemplation?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I narrowed it down to 3 brands (the only ones I have some info on):

1. Reisport - the ones I see in use by (my) local gymnasts.
2. Bailie - the ones sold by my local vendor.
3. Ten O - which I heard are really durable and good for beginners.

don't know much about - RKO, US Glove, English Bulldog or Tru Grip - but if you have some good feedback on one of these - I'd love to hear it.

plus, my coach told me that grips that are made from pig skin are better then bovine ones. anyone heard of something like that?
(he's russian btw :) )

any other info/suggestions on any brand would be very helpful.

Thanks. :)

I like ten-o because they break in easily and then stay the same until you need a new pair. They do stretch a lot, though. A lot of girls at my gym use Reisport and they like them. I don't like English Bulldog - the leather is really thick and I didn't like the feel of swinging in them.

My kids are true to US glove too. I don't know if your son is little, but US glove just started making boys versions of the more narrow cut grips that are common for the girls. My son has them both for rings and high bar and like them. THe high bar grips have two finger holes instead of the usual 3, so if your son is sensitive about being different, he might not like that. My son likes them though and didn't have any trouble getting used to using them.

I just re-read the post and am thinking your asking for yourself in which case you're probably big enough not to need the narrow grips, but check out US glove anyway.

I love my 10.0 tensports, they felt broken in almost immediately and I didn't have any issues with them stretching(yet lol). Theyre supposed to be very similar to Reisport, but are about 15 bucks cheaper

My son's first pair were Reisports. Haven't heard a complaint. . . . there is a sizing chart on the website you purcahse them from.

And the old thread competition continues....

This thread is from 2010. Current members will be happy to talk about grips or anything else but please post about it in current threads or start a new one.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back