First Mock Meet - Oy vay! lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NewtoGym

Proud Parent
Well the meet was this afternoon and was very interesting! Vault went well, then bars went pretty good. She actually got the stride circle for the first time in warm ups, but was not able to do it after that. Beam went ok considering she is pretty nervous after her fall a few weeks ago and I think just getting through it will help her confidence. Floor was the most surprising. She forgot a few things and then was unable to do her backbend/kickover! I have never seen her miss that before! Must be the first meet nerves - poor little bird! lol
I am proud of her and so happy to have that first one done. She was happy because everyone got trophies and there was no scoring. Just for fun! :)

YouTube - Level 3 Mock Meet

Aw, that was too cute! Glad to hear that she handled the beam ok. I know you were pretty worried about that. My DD's first meet (Judges' Cup) was a lot like this meet. Just got the scores and each judge gave them something- very low key for the girls. Sounds like she had a great time. Congrats on a solid first meet and good luck to her this weekend!

I love that they have those little mock meets...it really does help the girls get that "fear of the unknown" out of the way. She did great!! Good luck to her at the "real" one!! :)

That was just too cute. At this level and her age, this is all it should be--no scores or placements. Looks like the coach handled the beam problems well--I could sense her confidence get a boost after the spot on the hs. She went for the dismount on her own. Give her a 10! Have fun at the real meet.

Thanks everyone! I actually burst out laughing while I was filming when she didn't get her backbend/kickover. Poor thing! lol. You just never know what will happen but so glad they just keep going on! more than I could do! I would prob run off the floor crying! ;-) It will be so fun to watch her improve and have fun. Thanks for all the support!

Very cute. You can tell she is having a ball out there. I think mock meets are great, too. So good to get to practice everything before going to the "real" meet. Her bars are especially nice. Once she gets that mill circle she is going to be great on those bars!

So adorable. Thanks for sharing. She looks pretty darn solid for the most part. And i agree those mock meets do seem to help them. Gives them an idea of the real deal. And I am always amazed at the way these babies handle their mistakes. I know many an adult who would have done like you said...ran off the floor crying. I think it takes a special mentality to just be like okay..whatever..on with the show. LOL. Once she gets a meet or two under her belt she will look forward to them. Kadee is always so excited, because she is going to get to see her "friends from the other gyms"..lol. All the best to her at her meet next weekend. Keep us posted.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back