Parents First "move-up" for little one!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amphomma

Proud Parent
I'm pretty new here, but my Little A's involvement in and love for gymnastics is growing so quickly! When we moved to where we are now over the summer, she had never gone to a class by herself. Something happened in the past few months that has unearthed in her a great love for gymnastics and what many inside and outside the gym see as some natural talent for it.

She spent about two months in a 3-4 year old class, always with comments that she would probably get to "move up" soon. Last week, she had a rather impromptu evaluation and was asked to try an invitation only class for 4-5 year olds who have exhibited "natural skills and talent". She tried it for the first time last Friday, and she did great and had a super time, despite being the smallest, youngest (she'll be 4 next week), and having a sore leg from that morning's flu shot. Oops, Mommy.

I have been very pleased with all the teachers' kindness, encouragement, and attitude towards helping her develop at a pace that is right for her and our family. On one hand, she was totally ready for a challenge, and she gained new skills at that first class already (mounting the beam by pushing herself up, for example). I could see that having older, stronger girls in the class motivated her and elevated her efforts!

On the other hand, the class meets in the late afternoon. Little A was absolutely exhausted after that class. Elated, but exhausted. Major meltdown on the way home. She still naps in the car sometimes, but of course that day she didn't. She is going to this class tomorrow (Fridays didn't work out for us, it turned out, because of a commitment our son has with a school team), so I'm hoping that since she's over the effects of the flu shot and feeling closer to 100% after having been sick part of last week, that it will be all fun. She asked me today if tomorrow would be her class...when I said yes, she beamed. I love seeing that joy, and as long as it's there, I'll keep up with her progression and be the best parent I can be!! I wanted to share this here, because I know many of you would understand better than non-gym acquaintances.

I'm pretty new here, but my Little A's involvement in and love for gymnastics is growing so quickly! When we moved to where we are now over the summer, she had never gone to a class by herself. Something happened in the past few months that has unearthed in her a great love for gymnastics and what many inside and outside the gym see as some natural talent for it.

She spent about two months in a 3-4 year old class, always with comments that she would probably get to "move up" soon. Last week, she had a rather impromptu evaluation and was asked to try an invitation only class for 4-5 year olds who have exhibited "natural skills and talent". She tried it for the first time last Friday, and she did great and had a super time, despite being the smallest, youngest (she'll be 4 next week), and having a sore leg from that morning's flu shot. Oops, Mommy.

I have been very pleased with all the teachers' kindness, encouragement, and attitude towards helping her develop at a pace that is right for her and our family. On one hand, she was totally ready for a challenge, and she gained new skills at that first class already (mounting the beam by pushing herself up, for example). I could see that having older, stronger girls in the class motivated her and elevated her efforts!

On the other hand, the class meets in the late afternoon. Little A was absolutely exhausted after that class. Elated, but exhausted. Major meltdown on the way home. She still naps in the car sometimes, but of course that day she didn't. She is going to this class tomorrow (Fridays didn't work out for us, it turned out, because of a commitment our son has with a school team), so I'm hoping that since she's over the effects of the flu shot and feeling closer to 100% after having been sick part of last week, that it will be all fun. She asked me today if tomorrow would be her class...when I said yes, she beamed. I love seeing that joy, and as long as it's there, I'll keep up with her progression and be the best parent I can be!! I wanted to share this here, because I know many of you would understand better than non-gym acquaintances.

Congrats on your little one's bump up! She sounds a lot like my daughter! She is 3 and was also recently invited to the invitation class only ;) She also love gymnastics!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back