Parents First time doing all-around this year

• Thread starter Thread starter cathiann
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
C

cathiann

and I truly did not think it would happen this week! She's only been vaulting since Monday--and tumbling since Thursday (yes, that's two days of tumbling on the regular floor). But she did fine!

First up was bars--her best event, normally. Beautiful warm-up but then fell on her giant after her clear-hip. Argh! 8.25. She's visibly upset.

On to beam--warm-up was rock solid. The actual routine, not quite--she didn't fall, but did have some bobbles. 8.7 (she's mad she could have gotten a 9+ is she hadn't bobbled so much).

Floor--I was worried because of her foot. But she did great! Landed all her tumbling passes. They had taped her foot, so she really struggled with getting her toe pointed--I think that affected her scores. She got an 8.525. She said later her coach was upset with her for not getting a 9--hello?? She's lucky she finished the routine! I thought she'd score higher, but was happy with her score.

Finished on vault--she's only doing a front handspring because of her foot. I watched during the meet and they were scoring 8.4-8.5s on them. She needed an 8.05 or so to qualify for State. And she did great! She got an 8.475 for a final score of 33.95.

So is she thrilled she made it to State her first AA after breaking her foot? Nope! She's made she missed the move-up score to level 9 by 0.05! Sheesh! Be a little hard on yourself, why don't you?? I'm sure she'll get that next time.

She only placed on vault--7th, but at least she got something :)

That is such a great report. She did so well to bounce back so quickly. Lovely to qualify to STates.

That is fantastic!! Way to come back so quickly after the foot injury. Congrats on qualifying for state!

Awesome job for the first AA meet! I think that coach is a little nutty expecting a nine just after 2 days of tumbling!:rolleyes:

Great job!

Maybe the coach was more upset at the score than at your dd. Perhaps he thought she was underscored for her routine? just a thought.

Great job!

Maybe the coach was more upset at the score than at your dd. Perhaps he thought she was underscored for her routine? just a thought.

I like that idea. Is it possible that dd misinterpreted the coaches' frustration at an underscored routine, with frustration at her performance? It's possible that your dd was upset at the score also and in didn't understand that the coach was upset b/c they thought that the judges underscored her routine. Not that there aren't crazy coaches out there that would expect a 9. after only 2 days of practices. I guess the "PollyAnna" in me wants to think that it was a misunderstanding, lol.

Anyway, your dd did awesome getting her State score at her first AA meet. Way to go! I'm sure that score-out for 9 will come with the next meet. Good luck!!!!

Wow, great come back for Beth, she did great considering what she has dealt with and what she has been able to do! She will only get better with the upcoming weeks... WTG Beth! :D

Nothing more frustrating than missing out but a miniscule margin. Lucky mum's keeping it all in perspective!!

Way to go Beth! Congrats on hitting States at the first AA meet!

Sounds like she had a great first meet back from the injury. But of course she has to be upset about not getting the mobility score. it just shows how motivated she is. LOL

Way to Go for making States!!:D
Very very good scores I would think for a first AA competition!!! I'm sorry she was disappointed with some of her scores (and the coach too), but...really great job! I hope she is very proud of herself!

Congrats on Making State Beth! What an accomplishment.

she has worked so hard coming back form the foot injury!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back