flexibility/: helppppp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ohkay, so im training level 9 and i have and have always had the worst flexibility. shoulders, and splits, and just any flexibility. i know i need to help it soooo badly. do any of you have any tips or anything to help? thanks guys:)

All I can say is STRECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At the gym, at home, when ddoing your homework, watching tv,you get them picture. The only thing that will help you is to make you are working your splits everyday even when you dont have gym. Also you could try doing someoversplits those always help me!

You stretch. This is not rocket science...

Just stretch at the gym when you warm up, and stretch for maybe 10 minutes before bed or something. One problem many people have is that they stop trying once it hurts. Reality check: it hurts. You HAVE to deal with the pain and force you're body to do it, and eventually it will get easier and easier.

The key really is dedication. If you really want it, you'll stretch more often and you'll deal with the pain that comes along with it.

if you are already stretching a lot and I mean A LOT, then it it time to possibly consider massaging out tightness. this means deep tissue massage which means prepare for pain. you can use a golf ball, lacrosse ball or baseball/softball and roll your muscles on it until you feel things loosen up.

SMR still doesnt hurt as much as deep tissue or pressure point massage though.

Have a look at Lisa Howell's flexibility program, it is very different. Rather than stretching muscles, she is into releasing fascial tension and neural tension. She has some videos on YouTube so you can see what is all about. She works a lot with ballet dancers. I have only just got the program so I can't yet report on how effective it is.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back