Flyaways!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hawaii_gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
Okay so heres the situation:
I can do a flyaway practically by myself from two swings but not from the first because i will not cast back, for me its not a fear of hitting my feet on the low bar but as my hands slipping off, because i have done this before and landed on my neck. So i need help! i really need it to compete and am getting tired of not being able to do it! Thanks!:)

maybe you could try a few cast downs on the strap bar and when you feel comfortable maybe some on a wooden bar into the pit and land on your back just until you gain your courage
hope this helps

Flyaways are hard skills to learn, but once you have it you will be so relieved. you have to keep telling yourself that doing it from one swing is the same as doing it from your second swing. The whole time your swinging down think "second swing." Also, what might help is if you count "1" on top of the bar and imagine swinging. Then on "2" you swing. Another helpful technique is doing the swing, having a coach stop you at the point where you're sopposed to let go, the coach will then move you away from the bar and turn you around like a flip so that you are doing a "slo-mo" flyaway.
hope these techniques help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back