MAG Gear bags

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

samsmama

Proud Parent
What do your boys use as gym bags for practice? We had been using one of those little drawstring backpacks that the boys get at the meets, but now that he has two sets of grips, wrist guards, wrist bands, extra socks and pants, tape, etc., everything gets covered in chalk and the velcro all gets stuck together.

DS does have a nice team backpack that would work, but I would like to save that for competitions. A regular-size backpack or duffel bag seems like overkill... what do your guys use?

The boys at our gym seemed to use a smaller drawstring bag for each set of grips/etc (a few just left them in the large-ish ziplocs that they came in, but didn't tend to zip them shut as they need to air out) and then they put all of that into the drawstring type bag they get at meets that you describe. A bag from TOMs shoes or something that size would work well for a set of grips/wristbands.

Our guys have cubbies at gym that they keep all of that in. Their grips might go in a grip bag, but since D uses buckle now, we don't have to worry about the velcro as much. It makes it easier to not have to remember everything every day.

Reactions: sce
What do your boys use as gym bags for practice? We had been using one of those little drawstring backpacks that the boys get at the meets, but now that he has two sets of grips, wrist guards, wrist bands, extra socks and pants, tape, etc., everything gets covered in chalk and the velcro all gets stuck together.

DS does have a nice team backpack that would work, but I would like to save that for competitions. A regular-size backpack or duffel bag seems like overkill... what do your guys use?
First, get him a grip bag. That way the velcro and chalk are contained. Ds keeps his grips and wristbands together in a grip bag. SO when eh transports them they are contained and easy to find when needed. I got a thick one from DGS, nice as it will hold up for a long time and really does contain the chalk.

Second, no good advice for you beyond that, sorry, as ds has a cubby at the gym to keep things in, so socks, pants, grips etc. all live at the gym when he does not have a meet.

Sounds like my son. He has everything thrown into one of those drawstring backpacks and it is all covered in chalk and in a tangled up mess.

First, get him a grip bag. That way the velcro and chalk are contained. Ds keeps his grips and wristbands together in a grip bag. SO when eh transports them they are contained and easy to find when needed. I got a thick one from DGS, nice as it will hold up for a long time and really does contain the chalk.

Thanks everyone! I asked about keeping stuff at the gym, but that's not going to work. So I went with sce's recommendation and got the DGS grip bags and then ordered a larger drawstring Nike backpack (but still smaller than a school-size backpack) that has a few separate divisions so he can keep grips and wristbands in one place, pants and socks in another area, and tape and other small stuff in zipper pocket.

Thanks everyone! I asked about keeping stuff at the gym, but that's not going to work. So I went with sce's recommendation and got the DGS grip bags and then ordered a larger drawstring Nike backpack (but still smaller than a school-size backpack) that has a few separate divisions so he can keep grips and wristbands in one place, pants and socks in another area, and tape and other small stuff in zipper pocket.
Sounds like a good solution. Sorry your gym doesn't have any team storage. You'll be thankful for the grip bag as it also protects the uniform when taking grips to meets.

Yeah. that stinks about team storage...I am not sure what we woudl do. D has 4 sets of grips, 2 knee braces, 2 wrist guards, honey, wrist bands, pommel pants, socks, pre wrap, tape, therabands. That woulld be a lot to haul back and forth every day. maybe your suggestion will make them think about that :)

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back