WAG Getting Nervous Before States

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm competing at states Sunday, and I'm a little nervous for my floor routine. Earlier this year I competed a FHSFT, but it wasn't consistent enough so I took it out. I finally got it consistent enough to put in the last meet before states, but I fell on that for some reason too. :( When I did them in routines at practice, I seemed to fall on all the ones in routines but almost none when cross tumbling. I decided to put it in for states, but at my Thursday practice I fell on it once in warmup and my routine. The problem is falling on routines makes me more parinoid I'm going to fall at states, even though I've been doing it well at practice. I think if I manage to relax and forget about it, I'll do it well, but how do I stop thinking I'm going to fall just because it's in my routine?

Sorry for the very lengthy question, I tend to overthink things.

Thoughts are things. If you fixate on the negative that could happen, it probably will. However, learn to imagine your routine perfectly executed and may surprise yourself. Its all about your frame of mind. When you feel nervous ,stop, close your eyes, breathe, and count backwards from 10. Then visualize yourself doing your routine with zero mistakes. Then, do your best. That's all anyone ,including yourself, could ask for. And never forget to have fun!

Just tucked my daughter in. Her states are tomorrow.

It's a meet. Do your best. Have fun. That's what I tell her.

I have to say my peanut was only a Level3. She blew that mil circle at.every,warmup.
She did fine at meets.

You can do it, ha e fun, do your best

Thank you guys. It went well at practice today, so I guess I'll leave it in. Now I'm less stressed, since I've had a successful practice. :) I hope your DD does well Deleted member 18037. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back