Parents Gonna be SUPER busy now!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LoriLou

Proud Parent
My daughter (7yo on Wednesday) JUST joined her gym's team in May, and we were really excited for her. Then in July, my other daughter (8yo) got asked to join a tournament softball team. Boy have things gotten busy!!

Now if all that wasn't enough....yesterday my son (9yo) got asked yesterday to be on a competitive swim team! How in the world am I going to do all this!?!? I have friends at gym and softball, but I feel strange asking for carpool help, etc. Now with swim team it is definitely going to be necessary! How do I go about approaching parents about something like that? I am a SAHM, so transportation has never been an issue before.

We are in the same position. 3 kids in 3 different year round competitive sports. You just have to be proactive and start talking with other team parents who live around you.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like you have some athletic kids!! :) I'd start with finding out who lives in your area, talk to the parents you do know, and start networking. I only have one, but my sister has 3, and she's always trying to balance 3 kids going in 3 directions. Do you have any family nearby that can help too? Aunts and grandma's usually love going to watch practices and getting to spend a little quality time with their kiddo's.

Thanks you guys! I guess I just need to buckle down and make some friends at the pool. I have never been really good at making new friends as an adult, but I'm just gonna have to make it happen.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back