Good gyms in Toronto?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know we have lots of wonderful Canadian gymnast/parents on this site....so I could really use your input. My husband's company may be transferring him to Toronto (near Oakville) for two years and I really know next to nothing about gymnastics in Canada. I have two daughters who do gymnastics. My older DD is training Level 9 and my younger DD is training Level 8. My youngest does TOPS and is in an "advanced development" type program. I am only sharing this info to say that they definitely love/are dedicated to gymnastics and will definitely want to continue it at a similar level.

Does anyone have any gym recommendations in/around the Toronto area? Has anyone here made the switch from US gymnastics to Canadian gymnastics? I would love any advice you want to throw my way.....

Thanks!

Are you going to be right in TO?

Gemini Gymnastics is a good gym, they see results. I know this from seeing them at competition. But they are located in Oshawa I think...about an hour from TO?

Try this link http://www.ogf.com/clubs/ (gymnastics ontario website).. and type in Toronto. A list of clubs in TO will come up and a link to each of their websites. Maybe if you browse those, you will get a better feel for what each club can offer.

Canada has no TOPS training though. There is a similar program here in Ontario called ODP but it is only for kids up to 9..how old is your daughter? (I think ODP is only for up to 9 yr olds, if anyone else knows otherwise, feel free to correct me..)

Last edited:
well, Oakville gymnastics is one of the highest ranked gyms in Canada, Kelly Manjack is there, and also Toronto Gymnastics International is a good gym, as well as East York Gymnastics.

yes Oakville is a great gym, you should check that one out forsure!! You're welcome and good luck. I hope you guys can find a gym!

I found Oakville Gymnastics when I was just googling around. Great to hear that it has such a good program - we will definitely check it out if we end up moving....

Thanks again!!

If I moved to that area, Oakville would be no 1 on my list! Kelly Manjak and his wife are doing amazing things and their gymnasts are happy and healthy. Check them out on youtube and you can see what a great set up they have. I think your advanced gymnasts would really benefit from their programme.

Ontario is supposed to be adopting a programme that is even more like USAG than it is now, they have a 10 level optional programme.

Oakville is also a great residential town, with great links to Toronto and tons of family activity.

Oakville gymnastics looks very good. They have quite a few national team members. I might be wrong but I think that ontario is on a 5 level competitve systeme. I know most of Canada is. So if your DD is level 4 USA she would be Provincial Level 1 in canada, USA level 5/6=P2, USA 7=P3, USA 10=P5 so tell her not to be disapointed if she thinks that she is "going into a lower level group". It is possible that ontario is on a ten level systeme, I might have read that somewhere.

Ontario is the only province that does not use the 5 level CPP. They have their own programme with 10 levels like in the US. Rumour has it the programmme will change again this year to become even more like the USAG one.

In Quebec they used a modified CPP, P1 is regional gymnastics and is divided into three levels and is aimed at gymnasts training less than 9 hours a week.

Oakville is a great club.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back